How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2014, 11:43 AM

Default Pro tools 10 setup

I am a film and video student that is trying to focus on the audio side. I agreed to help a group with their audio editing for a project. Right now however I am having a couple of issues that have just left me confused. I would appreciate any help I could get. 1. When editing a project from media composer would you use an .aaf file? because that is what I was given. 2. When opening the .aaf file I am told that the links are broken, however when I set to auto relink I get an error ""Bus error" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0" And pro tools crashes.
I agreed to help because I had worked with the program before but that was using mp4 files that I would import and then importing audio files separately.
I am editing on a 2012 macbook pro with a 2.5GHz i5 processor, 8GB ram, and is on OS X 10.9.4
I know that pro tools 10 is not friendly with Mavericks however it has never been an issue before and I don't think that is what is causing me a problem. I do have a dual boot with windows 7 though that I could install onto if needed.
To summarize, How do I do this? everything is so new and I just can't seem to wrap my head around what even the correct workflow for creating the project would be in this circumstance.
I appreciate any possible help I can get, thank you.