Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 AM

Default HD Native card fried - easy to replace?

One of my HD native pcie cards has fried. Can I simply replace it with another one? The way I see it, I can either remove one from a secondary editing station which is less used, or I can buy a used one from ebay. Will there be any issues with licensing or iLok, or is it transparent?

Cheers
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 AM

Default Re: HD Native card fried - easy to replace?

You can just get another one. No licensing issues.

But have you at least checked into having it repaired? It doesn't cost anything to talk to the repair department at Avid.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:44 PM

Thanks. I'll check that out. It's just that I live in a rather remote part of the world, and mailing equipment back and forth is usually a hassle. For now I'll remove one of the cards from a less used station and put it into this one, following your tip that licenses and iLok issues are inexistent. Cheers!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:29 AM

Try to reset to the backup firmware first, google it there are instructions online. if that doesn't work you gotta send it in. Mine cost $150 w no warranty (ebay) if they have to send a new card it's like 350. Don't buy a support ticket.