Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Avid - worst customer support I have ever experienced - ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
You could try dragging your license to surrender from your iLok to your iLok Account (the box with your User Name, just below the words 'iLok License Manager').
Synchronize.
Then try deactivating license to surrender.

If that doesn't work, Sweetwater recommends uninstalling then re-installing ILM.
yep, absolutely done all of that. I uninstalled all traces of pace and ilok and reinstalled the latest manager.. as far as dragging from dongle to main account, that's the same as deactivating and how i usually deactivate, and i indeed did that like 10 times, physically dragging it across.. It appears to have worked, but then it just remains, activated (but expired lol).
I can show you some pics if it will help you believe me? I understand having to go through every step, I get it.. but trust me when i say i am good with computers and already tried everything being suggested. it is a fault, that can only be corrected from ilok's end, i am sure of it.
Cheers

BTW i have had the phone on and by my side for over 24 hrs now Jeffro and no call back. So please ask Ann to actually email me a time in advance, in AEST time, and no matter what, no matter when, i will make sure i am available, as i want to get this sorted.

Last edited by TNM; 12-06-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
... it is a fault, that can only be corrected from ilok's end, i am sure of it.
Got your screenshots (thanks) and working with iLok to solve this. Will follow up again via support case when I have more info.
Quote:
...no call back. So please ask Ann to actually email me a time in advance...
I see that Ann is waiting for an update to your account and I believe will follow up when that's completed.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Got your screenshots (thanks) and working with iLok to solve this. Will follow up again via support case when I have more info.

I see that Ann is waiting for an update to your account and I believe will follow up when that's completed.
I've emailed you back, but Ann told me i needed to verify my details, basically before i would get what i paid for..

I am *so* confused.

Are you in the US and is ANN in the US?

More in the email to explain.

Do you think it's normal of me not to want to put my full CC billing address, part of my card number and billing name on email? I think that's normal!

If YOU guys can provide me a safe place to upload, i'll be happy to send you a photo ID of myself in that case. No problems at all. But i won't do it via email.

Cheers
Old 12-07-2017, 09:23 AM

Saw your case updates and will reply there. Understandable to be cautious about sending personal/financial info via email, though at this point I believe all effort needed is on our side (Avid IT will fix your my.avid.com account and we're working with iLok on the licensing issue). Thanks.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:26 PM

spoke to Ann, activated my plugins, it's solved.. topic can be locked.. don't see a way i can do that myself?