Default iLok has stopped working, OS 10.4.11

OS 10.4.11
MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GHz
Processors 1
Total Number Of Cores:2
Memory:2 GB
Bus Speed:667 MHz

I have been having non-iLok, performance related issues with my computer. I took it to Apple on Friday and Apple Genius person located constant stream of error messages in Console, said they were slowing my computer down. He did something to stop the error messages, now iLok does not work. Could it be coincidence that immediately following his tampering the iLok is not functioning....?

1 iLok connected via a USB hub with 4 ports, I have checked them all, and also computer USB connections. I have tried to iLok in all USB options.

iLok authorizes the use of RTAS plug-in Strike 1.0.2.6036 by Didgidesign.
I use ProTools LE 7.4 with MBox 2.

I had no problems with iLok until today, first run of ProTools after visit to Apple store.

Now i receive the message:
"This version of Strike requires authorization again in order for you to continue using it. Please press the "Buy" button to begin the reauthorization process."

When I press the 'buy' button I get the following error message:

During the current process, an error has been detected with your iLok. Please go to iLok.com and submit a RMA From to PACE. You will need to return the iLok to PACE for replacement.
ID: ePay : 14087 / Dngl : 283

Could this be a PACE drivers issue?

Also, I had a look at the RMA submission and returning the iLok. Am I right in seeing that this process costs me in the regions of £50.00??!! What's up with that?

Thanks
Old 08-04-2013, 05:07 PM

Lightbulb Re: iLok has stopped working, OS 10.4.11

Legacy InterLok Mac OS X extensions installer. Run the applicable installers within that .dmg file and see if the issue persists.

If the green LED on the iLok is lighting up, then it is more likely to be a software issue. If it is a hardware issue, there will be some cost involved in getting the iLok replaced.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 AM

Default Re: iLok has stopped working, OS 10.4.11

Hello

Yes, I did run the legacy extensions installer, but it has had no effect. The iLok is at least recognized by my System Profiler and I plugged it into a MacBook Pro at the Apple Store, which also recognized it. Does that count for anything? What kind of software issue are we talking about here? Can I do any diagnostics to get an idea of the source of the problem?

It is $95 to get a replacement dongle!!

Thanks
Old 08-05-2013, 12:35 PM

Lightbulb Re: iLok has stopped working, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRock41 View Post
Can I do any diagnostics to get an idea of the source of the problem?
Take your iLok to another similarly equipped Pro Tools system and see if it recognizes it. If it is recognized, then it is a software problem. If not, then it is a hardware problem.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
Take your iLok to another similarly equipped Pro Tools system and see if it recognizes it. If it is recognized, then it is a software problem. If not, then it is a hardware problem.
Well, that's easier said that done. I don't know anyone with an MBox 2 running ProTools 7.4. What about plugging the dongle into a Mac that can run the new iLok License Management software? Can I find anything from that?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:59 AM

Post Re: iLok has stopped working, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
What about plugging the dongle into a Mac that can run the new iLok License Management software? Can I find anything from that?
That would confirm the iLok and its assets are readable by the License Manager.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
That would confirm the iLok and its assets are readable by the License Manager.
By 'assets' do you mean my plug-in license? I only have one. And if that is 'readable' does this mean that the iLok itself is working but some software is not? If it is a software issue, which software is it? How do I find out and how do I replace it? Usually with software issues one de-installs the faulty program and re-installs the clean program. I would really like to be able to rule out software before sending the dongle off to be replaced. My concern is that if is a software issue and I replace the dongle I will still be in the same position of having to deal with problematic software.

Thanks for your responses. I am groping around in the dark as I am not technically knowledgeable in these matters and the PACE support has been next to non-existent.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:23 AM

Since the iLok operates at the kernel level, your best option is to reformat the hard drive, install Tiger fresh and then reinstall everything else necessary.

Parroted by me & Tapasquawk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 08-07-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
It is $95 to get a replacement dongle!!

Thanks
Nope I will sell you one for $30..... just saying....I had to put that out there...
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Since the iLok operates at the kernel level, your best option is to reformat the hard drive, install Tiger fresh and then reinstall everything else necessary.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I come across as as a little slow, but this is new ground for me.

How would I/will I know that my iLok operates at the kernel level, and can you explain to me what that means? Bear in mind I have not yet been able to run it with a new version of the License Manager software. I have only had it plugged it to my old Mac and into a brand new MacBook Pro, both of which recognize it in the System Profile (is this the kernel level?)

I'm going to hire a Mac engineer to look at my machine so any information you can offer is really, really useful.

Thanks