How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2017, 04:57 AM

Default Creating New Input Paths

Hi everybody, Benson here.

This is my first post, so I apologize if I initially leave out any info that you're used to seeing right off the bat ...

I've seen earlier threads discussing what I'm about to ask, but have yet to find a solution to my problem so I figured I'll just start a new discussion.

I just got a new iMac running OS Sierra, Pro Tools 12, Focusrite 2i4 interface. I'm attempting to get the interface to properly communicate with Pro Tools but am running into problems with the input paths. I first pulled down the 'Playback Engine' menu and switched to the focusrite, then went to 'I/O' and everything in the 'Input' menu is totally greyed out. I cannot delete existing paths (when I open saved sessions from before I upgraded my equipment) and when I create a new session there are no paths to delete. The buttons for creating a new path or selecting default path are also grey and un-clickable.

Output paths are fine, busses are fine ... just input.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again ... I apologize for the repetitive discussion on this topic, just really hoping I can find my way through it.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2017, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Creating New Input Paths

Hey everyone,

I actually just had help from a buddy of mine and got the problem solved, so I wanted to share with you incase it can help anyone else.

The newly updated OS, for whatever reason, shows the Scarlett 2i2 & 2i4 as separate input and output sources. To fix this you need to go to Applications > Utilities > Audio Midi Setup. Click the + icon on the lower left hand corner, check mark the two Scarlett sources listed and apply that as the selected Aggregate Device.

Go back into Pro Tools, change the playback engine to the newly created aggregate device, and this should allow you to utilize the 'Input' section of the 'I/O' menu