Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2017, 11:11 AM

Default Beginner questions about setup and partitions (new to pro tools DAW)

Hello guys,

I used cubase for a years. I get m-powered pro tools with my equipemnt but i never used it because it require 2 HDD and i had only one. Now i got second HDD and i want to try pro tools. So can anyone help me to configure pro tools?

I have 2 HDD ( 1TB + 1TB ) and im confused about making partitions. As i read, pro tools use RTAS files and that files will be automaticly storage on C:
Im a little bit confused about:

1. How many partitions to make on those 2 HDDs and any recomanded spaces of partitions?
2. What is your recomanded space for C: ( if there will go every RTAS files )
3. For what to use second HDD?

Sorry, im searching this forum and im a little bit lost in all informations, all are "somewhere there" but not exactly what i need.

Hope guys that you can help me with this. Id like so much to try pro tools, its amazing DAW as i saw :)