Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2009, 05:02 PM

Default Multiple Audio Suite Window's

Sorry if this question has been answered before....
Is there a way to have multiple audio suite windows open?
I wish to use "tune" with the waves tuner and also use the "gain" plugin too. I hate having to reopen each plugin window each time i switch!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Multiple Audio Suite Window's

on the plug in window to the right upper corner is a bullseye icon in red and white. Click it and it keep the plug in window open
Digidesign 003R+PT 2020.12.0, Gigabyte GA-Z97X, CPU INTEL i7-4790 4.0Ghz, CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB; ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 PCIe Multiple WD Caviar Black 2Tb Spinner Drives; 1 PPA 80GB 1394 Firewire Oxford 911 PYRO PCI64R2 3 Port Firewire Card (PCIe) Antec 300 case. PSU 600W,
Windows 10 Home.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Is that a feature I missed on PT8?

WaveRider + Defaulter (now with LKFS)
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 10-29-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddwhitney View Post
on the plug in window to the right upper corner is a bullseye icon in red and white. Click it and it keep the plug in window open
Yeah....sorry I wasnt very clear!
I meant dual windows from the Audio suite menu not inserts...... I know how to have multiple plugins open via the target function.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyr2 View Post
Yeah....sorry I wasnt very clear!
I meant dual windows from the Audio suite menu not inserts...... I know how to have multiple plugins open via the target function.
The answer is no! as audiosuite is processing the audio direct from disk it wouldn't be possible to be doing two processes at the same time.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:39 PM

Ah.... NO... I don't want to do 2 proceses at the same time... I want 2 RTAS windows open at the same time, so as to do 2 different audio suite processes..... one after the other on multiple pieces of audio, without having to re open said RTAS window every time, I either tune... or gain a region!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Ah.... NO... I don't want to do 2 proceses at the same time... I want 2 RTAS windows open at the same time, so as to do 2 different audio suite processes..... one after the other on multiple pieces of audio, without having to re open said RTAS window every time, I either tune... or gain a region!
You get mixed up with different plug-in formats.
AS = AudioSuite - no realtime processing.
RTAS = Real Time AudioSuite - realtime processing.

I assume you want to process a file or several files with 2 different AudioSuite processes, one after another, yes?
You can automate such a sequence with QuicKeys or AppleScript. There is currently no way to do this without additional programming tools and/or skills.

Oliver
Old 11-02-2009, 03:34 AM

I agree it is a pain, not being able to have two Audiosuite plug-ins open, and having to mouse through the whole list to find the relevant one each time quickly becomes tedious.

What I do, which may help you, is set up two "window configurations". Have one plug-in open, go to Window->"New Configuration" and save it as a Window Layout, then do the same with the other plug-in, then you can recall the plug-in window easily by typing ".1*" (or ".2*" etc) on the numeric keypad. This can save quite a bit of time.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Hi,

Yes but the way audiosuite works is; when you select a region the audiosuite plugin is immediately referencing to it on your hard drive! and in many cases also analyzing it!! so it wouldn't be possible to have 2 audiosuite plugs to be referencing and analyzing the same piece of audio.

Now maybe if the audiosuite menu could stay open? then we could quickly select the next one we want.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:30 AM

You can Apple select an AS plug and it will appear in the top level of the AS menu. You can have all your most used AS plugs there and it makes selecting them considerably quicker ...