Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2013, 06:41 AM

Default ELEVEN RACK as a Processor only VIA SPDIF

Hello all..I am trying to use the 11R as only a guitar processor, and not as the interface..

I would like to use the Fasttrak as the Interface, but be able to plug my guitar into the Fastrac and use the 11R via the Spdif abilty..

I use a different DAWs (PT10, Logic Pro x), and I would like to use the 11R with both of them.. can't seem to get the Logic input to read the SPDIF as the input.

I have watched all the vids, read a lot of threads, it is just not working for me..

If anyone has any help or experience or a diagram with the list of HW settings that would be great .

Thank you in advance ..

MAC OS 10.8.4
Old 08-12-2013, 12:28 PM

Default Re: ELEVEN RACK as a Processor only VIA SPDIF

Personally, I would dump the FastTrack and use the 11R as the interface

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-12-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Personally, I would dump the FastTrack and use the 11R as the interface
Yes, exactly.

What is the reason you not want to use the Eleven Rack as the interface?
Old 08-12-2013, 12:47 PM

The Guitar Input of the Eleven Rack is calibrated to work perfectly with the amp models in the 11R. Why are you plugging your guitar into the Fast Track?

You can still use the 11R via SPDIF and plug the guitar right into the 11R interface.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-12-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
The Guitar Input of the Eleven Rack is calibrated to work perfectly with the amp models in the 11R..
Yeah that whole true-z thing kind of nice
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
The Guitar Input of the Eleven Rack is calibrated to work perfectly with the amp models in the 11R. Why are you plugging your guitar into the Fast Track?

You can still use the 11R via SPDIF and plug the guitar right into the 11R interface.
Benoni ! yes and thank you for responding to my query .. I am having trouble figuring out how to do the latter can you help?

I want to be able to use different DAWS and I want ONE interface that works with everything ..

I HAVE SEEN YOUR VIDEO FYI .. It helped me with the cable set up .. but I am using LOGIC for this project... The issue is that LOGIC is not recognizing the SPDIF as an input in the track, and the track only show the 2 inputs from the fastrak ..

I also like to use different Guitar amps in projects.. I run amplitube, Guitar rig, and 11R ..

Biggest point being there is NO clean channel as the Input for the guitar to run a different guitar rig if I want.. the signal from the "tuner" is much less than that of a stand alone interface. so no good there..

I hope that makes sense.. IF not PLEASE educate me.. Scratching my head on this one.. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:51 AM

There is no reason to do what you are trying to so.

The Eleven rack has a dry guitar signal available in all DAWs and you can process that through whatever other guitar processing plugin you want and play out the Eleven Rack outputs (if doing that while tracking you need to turn off any Eleven Rack rig processing so you do not hear that at the same time). For inputs in any Core Audio compatible DAW It has dry guitar in, mic in, stereo line in, stereo digital in. All usable simultaneously. How many inputs are you seeing? Are you using the device itself or trying to use Aggregate IO in Logic Pro?

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 08-13-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
There is no reason to do what you are trying to so.

The Eleven rack has a dry guitar signal available in all DAWs and you can process that through whatever other guitar processing plugin you want and play out the Eleven Rack outputs (if doing that while tracking you need to turn off any Eleven Rack rig processing so you do not hear that at the same time). For inputs in any Core Audio compatible DAW It has dry guitar in, mic in, stereo line in, stereo digital in. All usable simultaneously. How many inputs are you seeing? Are you using the device itself or trying to use Aggregate IO in Logic Pro?

GREAT! and thank you, that will help .. So how do you set the Eleven to deliver the "dry guitar in" only to the DAW? If you have a link to the instructions that would be very helpful..
Old 08-13-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Oasis Studios View Post
GREAT! and thank you, that will help .. So how do you set the Eleven to deliver the "dry guitar in" only to the DAW? If you have a link to the instructions that would be very helpful..
I'm asking the questions here

So again... For whatever DAW(s) you are using...

How many inputs are you seeing? (pick through them as an input on a track until you find the dry guitar one).

Are you using the device itself or trying to use Aggregate IO in Logic Pro? (You should start by *not* using aggregate IO).
Old 08-14-2013, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I'm asking the questions here

So again... For whatever DAW(s) you are using...

How many inputs are you seeing? (pick through them as an input on a track until you find the dry guitar one).

Are you using the device itself or trying to use Aggregate IO in Logic Pro? (You should start by *not* using aggregate IO).
Thanks again for your help...

I am using Logic.. for this problem

If you can just help me with the settings for using the eleven rack as a dry signal that would be great..

I thought that the only way to accomplish that using the Eleven was to set the rack on tuner..

I wish there was a way to use the eleven rack as a separate effects processor for input one one the fastrac.. I just do not know how to do it. ..

The reason is, sometimes I don't get to record all at one time.. and I like to plug all the guitars into different channels and just keep the settings for each instrument after getting a the right sounds, levels etc..

That way I can just leave everything plugged in, come back 2 days later and everything sounds the same..