Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2013, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Air instruments expansion pack $299 7 instruments!!!!

AND now on launch, of the five I installed and authorized, Loom and Vacuum Pro are coming up saying no valid authorization could be found.

And 100% fail from Air on this.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:39 PM

And now, trying to launch Velvet, I get the 'content not found' error, which indicated the 'set content location' scripts that worked before no longer work. I get a message telling me to set content location in setup, and then PT then completely crashes and quits.

Seriously AIR, WTF! This is a fiasco. From the confusion ordering, to the slow downloads, to corrupted downloads, to installers that won't let us set content location, to now plugins that can't find the content so crash out PT before I can set it. Oh and to authorization schemes that are failing.

I'm assuming Velvet, Transfusion, Hybrid are working because it sees still a valid iLoks auth. But your new installers launch an authorization that prompts for serial numbers. I did that for all five (except Strike and Structure which I couldn't even INSTALL).

But Loom and Vacuum Pro come up and say 'no valid auth' even though I DID auth them using your new method. But I'm guessing since it can't find them on iLok, it's failing. WHY? It's not even clear, are you using iLok anymore, or just serial number installs? It's completely unclear from your installer.

Literally every step of this entire process has been a FAIL.

Did you even test this once before you went live? Did no one test the installer?

Ug, sorry, but this is ridiculously unprofessional, and a waste of my time.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:08 PM

I was not asked to set content for the downloads that worked. Velvet, Transfuser, Hybrid, Loom, and Vacuum Pro all work and did not ask to set download on my Mac install.

I did my authorizations online from the codes given on the download page. That was actually the most clear and efficient piece for me.

Support clearly states no iLok required.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
I was not asked to set content for the downloads that worked. Velvet, Transfuser, Hybrid, Loom, and Vacuum Pro all work and did not ask to set download on my Mac install.

I did my authorizations online from the codes given on the download page. That was actually the most clear and efficient piece for me.

Support clearly states no iLok required.
Could you please confirm that the old versions are still working alongside the new ones?

Thanks, Bob
Old 10-12-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
And now, trying to launch Velvet, I get the 'content not found' error, which indicated the 'set content location' scripts that worked before no longer work. I get a message telling me to set content location in setup, and then PT then completely crashes and quits.

Seriously AIR, WTF! This is a fiasco. From the confusion ordering, to the slow downloads, to corrupted downloads, to installers that won't let us set content location, to now plugins that can't find the content so crash out PT before I can set it. Oh and to authorization schemes that are failing.

I'm assuming Velvet, Transfusion, Hybrid are working because it sees still a valid iLoks auth. But your new installers launch an authorization that prompts for serial numbers. I did that for all five (except Strike and Structure which I couldn't even INSTALL).

But Loom and Vacuum Pro come up and say 'no valid auth' even though I DID auth them using your new method. But I'm guessing since it can't find them on iLok, it's failing. WHY? It's not even clear, are you using iLok anymore, or just serial number installs? It's completely unclear from your installer.

Literally every step of this entire process has been a FAIL.

Did you even test this once before you went live? Did no one test the installer?

Ug, sorry, but this is ridiculously unprofessional, and a waste of my time.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:41 AM

Same experience here. I used the AIR website feedback form to document what I'd experienced. I imagine we'll all hear more about this, and with rectification over the next days /weeks. But yes, a giant waste of time with all those huge downloads not opening and mounting the .dmgpart correctly.

FWIW, I also queried the complete lack of detail about the add-ons–[bleep]either at the web-store checkout or on the receipt afterwards: [bleep]i) What does payment for 'extended download' mean, exactly? The later receipt says 'five days'; and ii) extra payment for 'disk' would seem to indicate all of the installers on DVD which one assumed will be mailed, but this would be more than 'a disk'. The price for this + mail doesn't really seem to add up ...

Dodgy, dodgy. Take the money first, work out the crap following ... you reckon by now a half a brain would know the hidden difference in cost.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:00 AM

And now after installing Transfuser, PT was broken (something about no communication with the digishoetool). Have started a fresh install of PT. What a horrible mess!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 01:18 AM

Re-installed PT and it works again, BUT, the new transfuser plugin does not show up, at the contrary, when PT starts up it says that the transfuser.aax plugin has to be moved to the unused plugin folder because not applicable or no auth, which is ridiculous because it was authorized and on the AIR website it is clearly stated that the 32bit aax plugins work with PT10. Have I paid just for loom and vacuumpro or what is going on???

Can you hear I am p..d off!

Cheers, Bob
Old 10-12-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
So far I've downloaded everything except Structure (in 18 parts!)

But STRIKE won't mount, it claims parts 02-10 are missing. They aren't, they're right next to strike.dmg.

If anyone else successfully mounts and installs Strike let me know, I REALLy don't want to have to try and download that thing again, took HOURS.
I'm in the same boat as you. Getting the missing parts for Strike and structure.

Guess we'll have to wait a few days.

Good luck.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:04 AM

The horror story continues:

AAX PLUGINS WILL NOT LOAD IN PT10!!

Yes I know I am shouting but I clearly want to warn others.

I am on PT 10.3.3 with MacOSX 10.8.3 HD3 PCIe MacPro, so clearly within the system requirements given on the air website.

Nevertheless, after correct installation (successful) and correct authorization (successful) of both transfuser and velvet, when starting up PT I got the message

"Protools could not load the following plugins because no valid authorization could be found, the ilok key was not connected or the plugin was damaged:

Transfuser.aax
Velvet.aax"

Great going AIR!!