Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2009, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Trouble with new Structure LE

For me, both PT LE 8.0 and the MPTK2 were installed on a new computer, with nothing else apart from the OS, WinZIP and Adobe Acrobat already installed. Both PT LE and the MPTK2 were installed using the MyDigi downloads. Nothing has been updated. And the version is:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins\Structure.dpm
File Version = 1.0.5316

And, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, the MD5 hash of 'Studio Kit.big' (the file that apparently has the missing samples) on my computer is: 73ae8dd4f33fd9bb3331b77b77d6ae30. Is this any different to that of the file on/from the DVD?
Old 01-21-2009, 04:25 AM

Tried again to download the stand-alone Structure LE via the DigiDelivery the tech support person sent me. It failed again; this time after about 10 hours and approx. 1.9GB! Why it's so slow I have no idea; it's not my connection; the MyDigi download of the MPTK2 took less than an hour.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:10 PM

I just downloaded and installed MPTK2 today and have exactly the same problem. Installed from music_toolkit_2_v80_56465.dmg

ncj, did you ever get this sorted?

John.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:44 PM

Last week, the tech support guy sent me the Structure LE DVD - as the DigiDelivery kept failing - and I picked it up from the post office, this morning. I'm at work, at the moment, so I cannot test it, but I can say that the 'Studio Kit.big' file is different - the MD5 hashes are not the same. I'll try it when I get home; I expect it to work fine. I'll let you know.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:50 AM

Well, I just don't believe it: none of my three computers can read the DVD. It has a thin crack right across the centre - from being bent. I seemed to be able to read it on my laptop, this morning, to calculate the hash, but not now. It must have been bent during shipping, as I cannot see how it could have occurred when it was flat against my laptop, in its case. For goodness sake, Digi, the download installer almost certainly contains a corrupt file, can you not just fix it? This is so annoying. By the way, there is no chance of my being able to read the DVD, now, as it's in tiny little pieces! I'll have to ask the tech support guy to send me another.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I'm trying to sort out what's going on here, but need a few more details.

I'm assuming you're all installing the content from your original Structure LE install DVD, yes?

If not - where are you getting the content?

Also, has anyone had this working on their system and only run into problems after an update?

For those installing the plug-in from a download - where did you get that download? From your MyDigi page or elsewhere?

Lastly, can you all tell me what the version number of the Structure LE plug-in is in your plug-ins folder?
Just checking to see if you have resolved this or not... If so, where I can I download a 'fixed' version? If not, can you send me a dvd as well?

I've never heard back from anyone.

Thanks...
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:57 AM

Bump! Chalk me up as a "me too." I've had this problem from day one, Structure LE load from MPTK2 upgrade. I originally brought it up in this thread, never got a resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I'm assuming you're all installing the content from your original Structure LE install DVD, yes?
Mine was downloaded from my MyDigi account. I don't have the version available to me right now...
Old 01-27-2009, 10:43 AM

Digi,

Is there any reason why you can't just put a fixed structure LE standalone installer on the website somewhere? it is ilok protected after all.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:21 AM

Bump!!!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:27 AM

After smashing the cracked DVD into tiny pieces, I re-tried the DigiDelivery the tech support guy sent me. This time, I used a server I have in the UK (I'm in AU) and it downloaded in about two hours without any problems. So I now have a copy of the 'Studio Kit.big' file that's on the Structure LE DVD, and it works - no missing samples. The files are different; the one that's in the MPTK2 download installer is 323,223,552 bytes; and the one that's on the Structure LE DVD is 323,230,078 bytes.

I don't know about you guys, but I submit my requests for customer service or tech support via the website, as I'm too impatient to sit waiting on a phone. The link is:
http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navi...30306&langid=1

My correspondence with them mentioned that this issue is affecting other users and I referenced this thread. Unfortunately, their sending a stand-alone Structure LE installer to me has not fixed the underlying problem - that the MPTK2 download installer includes an invalid/corrupt file.