Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Request for info: Mbox/Mbox2 noise bursts

I got no such email and I can't find the firmware update on Digi's download page.

Is it up on the site somewhere?

Is the problem fixed? (I'm getting better and better at Logic...)

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Avid

Quote:
I got no such email and I can't find the firmware update on Digi's download page.
hbj - You were included in this first round, it was sent yesterday to the address in your profile.

Even though it's working fine in-house, we wanted to get some feedback from a few users that had responded to this thread before posting it.

If you want it sent to a different address, please either update your profile or send your info via the Tech Support Request form.

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Roey - I just double checked this, and Pro Tools LE 7.1 launches fine for me with v20 or v21 firmware loaded. I see that you reported the same -9014 error back in Oct though your next post in Nov implies that Pro Tools was running, so perhaps this is not related to the firmware. Do you recall what you did to solve this error back then?
Yeah, back then if the MBox was connected to the computer during boot, Pro Tools wouldn't recognize it (if I'm not wrong, the error was the same -9014). The solution was to disconnect the MBox while the machine was booting, and connect it afterwards - this always worked. I'm pretty convinced that a few more people reported this behavior.

With 0.21, even if the MBox is not connected during boot, ProTools cannot recognize it. I also tried running the updater again, which didn't help. In addition, the fact that I can't see the MBox under System Preferences and Audio Midi Setup, suggests that it is not solely a Pro Tools issue. It should be noted that with 0.21 the Mbox works fine on a G4 PPC laptop.

There is very little point going back to 0.20, as the noise brusts issue renders the MBox unusable anyway. But at least it is now clear that the solution is very near.

Cheers,
Roey
Old 01-14-2007, 11:49 AM

Well, so far so good....the firmware for my Mbox was applied successfully and PT loads as expected. Have been using it for the last 5 hours or so with no problems but a light load. 4 stereo instrument tracks with Camelion 5000, Dimension Pro, Zebra 2 (wrapped VST) and mutonic (wrapped VST)...one stereo Aux with Audio Damage Discord (wrapped VST) and Nomad Sweeper. So far so good...I have a mix session tomorrow that will be 30 tracks of audio, a few instrument tracks, heavy plugin loads and some routing madness.

<----keeping my fingers crossed and knocking on wood...

regards,

konrad
Old 01-14-2007, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Well, so far so good....the firmware for my Mbox was applied successfully and PT loads as expected. Have been using it for the last 5 hours or so with no problems but a light load. 4 stereo instrument tracks with Camelion 5000, Dimension Pro, Zebra 2 (wrapped VST) and mutonic (wrapped VST)...one stereo Aux with Audio Damage Discord (wrapped VST) and Nomad Sweeper. So far so good...I have a mix session tomorrow that will be 30 tracks of audio, a few instrument tracks, heavy plugin loads and some routing madness.

<----keeping my fingers crossed and knocking on wood...

regards,

konrad
SO - KEEP US POSTED!

Old 01-15-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: v21 firmware

hello Digi (and everybody else too)

so i got the email a few days ago - with v21 firmware attached as a .zip

I installed it as I was supposed to, but the weird thing is that when I went to install it, the dialog box told me that i already had v21 firmware intalled, and basically what I was about to install was already installed.

How is that possible? I'm baffled.

No, I didnt bother to check if I had v20 before i installed... as i couldn't imagine my being confused by the installer.

anyway, i went ahead and re-installed v21 as the installer dialog seemed to hint that that might be ok....

any ideas anyone?

im on a mac pro, mbox 1, and i dont ever remember doing this v21 firmware update at all....

thanks
MixerGuy

Old 01-16-2007, 08:26 AM

Hey!

Where is my eMail with the v21 ??

Can someone forward this Mail to me ??

Or is it just a Testversion for few chosen people form the Digi "Secert Lab"??

Greetz

Chris

[email addressed removed from post - we have it on file]
Old 01-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Avid

Quote:
I installed it as I was supposed to, but the weird thing is that when I went to install it, the dialog box told me that i already had v21 firmware intalled, and basically what I was about to install was already installed.
MixerGuy - Sorry for the confusion. The instructions included in the email said you can safely ignore any warnings about version numbers during installation. We'll clean that up in the final installer.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:

How is that possible? I'm baffled.

the email said it would do that....i guess you don't read instructions either...

in any case, I've been using the new driver for about 3 days just hammering the crap out of my LE system. I only had one small noise scare problem which I don't think is related to the Mbox driver but third-party reverb plugin. An entirely different issue altoghether but stll annoying in a rip-your-head-off-with-whitenoise-at-0 dbfs kind of way. Hey, at least it decayed with the verb tail....

Otherwise, so far so good. No symptoms of the original white noise problem for the last 72 hours or so, knock on wookie. I'll be doing this all week so if anything should happen, I'll post it.

regards,

konrad
Old 01-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Avid

Quote:
Where is my eMail with the v21 ??
Coolchris77 - You didn't specify which Mbox you had in your post. We just sent the installers to you on the chance that it's an Mbox (1).