Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2014, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Slate VMR releasing on Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA View Post
Hi Rosco. Please feel free to speak directly to me if you so desire, since I'm here joining the discussion, and the whole third person thing is a bit odd.

This already strikes me as strange that you'd state this. Yes, our products receive accolades. Yes we sometimes post these accolades on our social networks and use them in our marketing. Is that a foreign concept? If you were trying to advertise your production work and a client said of you "Rosco is an amazing producer who does fantastic work", would you not want to use this on your webpage?

Would you not consider my interaction with customers, especially as of late with the VCC and FG-X newsletters 'honest communication'? How could I be more honest?

I'm not sure if your intention is to simply stir things up, but comments like this would reflect that. SSD4 has been extremely stable on AAX for a year now. It's beta tag is only in name.. it appears our web team has to edit some text. I even know two bands who TOUR using it on a Mac to trigger drums live.

As for below par products, again, not true. The VTM came out in 2012 working great, then we released VBC in June 2013 and it came out rock solid, so did TRIGGER 2, VTM AAX was received well, and our RAVEN software has been on fire. Have we had some releases that were problematic? Sure. But I don't think your description is fair at all.

Anyway, back to topic, the new build is going into the hands of the beta team and I'm looking forward to the release. It's been a long journey on this one.

Cheers,
Steven

Steven I can't use SSD4 AAX because it doesn't trigger hi hats. I've spoke to your support team along time ago about that and they said your programming team knew of this issue and it still hasn't been fixed. I'm on a windows system. When will a new release AAX for windows be released with this issue fixed. It's been a very long time like this. Sorry to take this thread off track a little

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 11-13-2014, 02:39 PM

Also, with owning VCC and the v2.0 being a free update and only available with VMR.... Does that mean we get the VMR with it? And then have to buy... Ahem.... VMR to get the other modules that come as part of ... VMR? Steven, can you explain how this will work for existing VCC users? Ta
Old 11-13-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
Steven I can't use SSD4 AAX because it doesn't trigger hi hats. I've spoke to your support team along time ago about that and they said your programming team knew of this issue and it still hasn't been fixed. I'm on a windows system. When will a new release AAX for windows be released with this issue fixed. It's been a very long time like this. Sorry to take this thread off track a little

Ahem.... Steven? Extremely stable and working properly, ye, for the people it's working properly for...

I like the word "denial"
Old 11-13-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco1969 View Post
Also, with owning VCC and the v2.0 being a free update and only available with VMR.... Does that mean we get the VMR with it? And then have to buy... Ahem.... VMR to get the other modules that come as part of ... VMR? Steven, can you explain how this will work for existing VCC users? Ta
My understanding is that VCC will "live" inside the VMR rack. So, if you own VCC only, you'll have the VMR rack but with only VCC in it. If you own both, then you can run VCC along side the VMR modules.

I was against VCC being part of VMR initially, but now I am glad it's going to be this way. It offers me more options for sure.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:44 PM

Ye, what I thought. Just wasn't sure how many VMR's I needed to buy.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:47 PM

I submitted a feature request to Slate that may get implemented.... mix knobs in VCC so you can blend console types!

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:50 PM

Drew.... For gods sake don't confuse matters! Lol
Old 11-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post
Hey Steve. I may have missed this, but you said VCC 2.0 will be part of VMR. I have no issue with that. I'm just curious if that means that we will have VCC as soon as VMR is released? Or if that's an update that will come later?
Not as soon as it will be released. But we're aiming to get it out not too long after. We actually made some big strides today alone. Newsletter coming.

Quote:
Hi Raoul. Let's be clear on a few things.

In Pro Tools 11, SSD4 AAX works perfectly.

In Pro Tools 10 SSD4 AAX has an issue. However, the RTAS version works perfectly fine in Pro Tools 10. There is no need to use the AAX in PT10, it has no advantage over the RTAS and we probably should just not even offer the AAX for PT10 as it's irrelevant.

Now without getting too far into it, the AAX problem in 10 is not necessarily all on our plate, so given that the RTAS works in PT10 perfectly fine, my guys are focusing on SSD5 which is about to go to beta. For PT 10, we'll just offer the RTAS version.

Quote:
VMR Rack is gonna be free. When you get VCC 2.0, it'll load in, and you can just save it as default in rack space one.

Quote:
Ahem.... Steven? Extremely stable and working properly, ye, for the people it's working properly for...

I like the word "denial"
You're cute with the back and forth love and hate. As you can see from my explanation above, SSD4 AAX 64bit in PT 11 is great, as is the RTAS version for 32bit PT 10. Perhaps lay down your battle sword for a moment, we're on the same team.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-13-2014, 03:29 PM

Thanks steven for letting me know. Yep RTAS is fine in 10HD would be nice to use the AAX version though as its ment to be more CPU efficient. looking forward to SSD5 though I'll test it

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 11-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

Quote:
Thanks steven for letting me know. Yep RTAS is fine in 10HD would be nice to use the AAX version though as its ment to be more CPU efficient. looking forward to SSD5 though I'll test it
Hi Raoul, glad I can help. The AAX version in PT10 32bit would be the exact same CPU as the RTAS. However when you make the jump to PT11, you'll see dramatic difference with AAX 64bit!

Cheers,
Steven