How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2015, 10:55 AM

Default external clock source / transport stop

Does Anyone Know?,

I am having a problem with the clock sync system in my DAW. When playing or recording in pro tools at 96k the transport will suddenly stop and a pop up message will read (" The transport was stopped due to a problem with the external clock source. Please check the connections and verify that the external device is operating correctly, or select a different clock source.")

I'm using ann Eleven Rack as the main interface, with an Apogee Rosetta 200 as the input into the E-rack through AES I/O at 96k. The "wide" and "narrow" Lock indicator lights on the front of the Apogee are both lit and steady. I use the S/PDIF I/O on the Apogee to connect to a Tascam recorder.

In the "Hardware Setup" window in Pro tools, the only peripheral listed is the E-rack with clock source set to AES/EBU and sample rate at 96k. I have proper AES cables between the E-rack and Apogee and usb from E-rack to computer using Pro Tools 9.0.5 The DAW doesn't seem to have any problem with 44.1k, but I would like to continue to use 96k sample rate.
Anyone know what is going on ? What is stopping the transport ?

Thanks In Avance For Any
Help You Can Offer,
Greg
Old 01-31-2015, 08:20 AM

Default Re: external clock source / transport stop

Disconnect the SPDIF connection and see if it still does it. If that's not it, could it be a dirty or bad connection with the AES cable?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave