Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 04:02 PM

Default How do I fade volume at end of song??

Can someone explain to me how to record a volume fade at the end of a song. I know that it's possible and I've seen someone do it on PT before, but I can't recall how to do it. Thanks.

Jason
Old 12-23-2004, 05:32 PM

Default Re: How do I fade volume at end of song??

Set up a master fader, and automate the fade, draw it on with the pencil if it's a fancy fade

Windows7 64bit, RME UCX, Asus Z97-P, i7-4790K@4.00Ghz, 32GB Ballistix Ram, Console 1, Unity Audio Rocks, RME UCX.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:27 AM

I always do my fades during mastering so I am only working on a single stero track(plus I have enough to deal with during the average mixdown). I switch to volume display and use the grabber tool to put 3 fade points in. The first fade section is shallow, the second fade section is steeper and back to shallow for the 3rd section. Total fade times are between 12 and 15 seconds.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-25-2004, 09:06 PM

Jason,
An easy fade in or out can be accomplished by first cutting off the end of the song right at the point you want the fade to completely be done. Don't forget to do this (and the following directions) on all tracks. Highlight the section, from the end you cut off to the starting point of the fade (where you want the fade to begin). Then hit control and "F". A fade box will pop up showing you what type of fade will be used. The default should work fine, so just say "Okay" and you'll see that the highlighted area has created a perfect fade out. If you highlight the front end of a song, it will automatically create a fade in.

EG
Old 12-25-2004, 09:15 PM

... or just place the cursor where you want the fade to start, and in command focus mode hit the G key.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 12-26-2004, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Set up a master fader, and automate the fade, draw it on with the pencil if it's a fancy fade
Yup.. And if you want to fade track by track, just select the beginning of the fade and the silence point then hit CTRL+F for fade... Some instruments naturally fade before others do.. fading each seperately can give the track a really natural ending.