Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2002, 08:59 PM

Default Wierd problem with bombfactory plugins

Hey all!!!!

I just got all of these great bombfactory plugins and I cant realy use them without biting my nails....

Im currently using windows xp and have pro tools under windows 2000 mode. I was doing a session with the plugins and everything was going great! When suddenly I took off one of the bombfactory plugins off one of the guitar tracks and boom! Pro tools crashed and about 2 sec later i get a repeating sound out of my monitors (like a realy fast loop) then I get an blue screen error ( something ntfs.sys) and then it restarts. Now im not too happy about this because I had a session that wasnt saves and now is gone. if anyone can help that would be great. here are my specs.

Windows xp
amd athlon xp 2200+
a7v266 - E (disabled onboard sound)
512 Mb ram PC2700
Geforce 4 4200
2 x samsung SP4002H 40 gog 7200RPM
430 Watt antec (best power supply on the market)

heres IRQ Settings

IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 11 NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 OK
IRQ 11 HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter #2 OK
IRQ 10 Digidesign Digi 001 OK
IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard OK
IRQ 12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 5 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK

Oh and btw.. iwasnt having any trouble befor the bombfactory plugs were installed..... Thanks all!!@!!!

www.Chrisclouse.com
Old 10-01-2002, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Wierd problem with bombfactory plugins

dwdrummer
I'm using Bomb factory 1176 and la 2 without a hitch on ME..I'm not sure it's ready for use on XP.
It seems I've read about that here before. You might do a search on it..or someone will post with a more definitive answer.
BB

MAC G5 PPC OSX 10.4.9 / PT 7.3 HD2 - I/O 192 /Control 24

DELL Dual Core, MBOX/003R PT 8 WIN XP
Old 10-02-2002, 06:48 AM

Try compatibility mode: NT4 service pack 5
Old 10-02-2002, 08:43 AM

Running PTLE w/ BF plugins in NT4SP5 compatability mode worked fine for me for about 6 weeks - then I had a very similar problem. My only solution has been to live without the BF plugs, as uninstalling them was the only way to get the crashes to stop. Waves have worked fine with this setup. I hope you have better luck...
Old 10-02-2002, 09:14 AM

Anyone noticed that since the big gnarly BF hooplah here a couple of months ago that BF for XP in fact never materialized (despite notices on the BF site that it was eminent)? Perhaps DIGI was wise to not include BF in the 002 bundle?

Has anyone heard from Erik on this topic lately?
Old 10-02-2002, 09:27 AM

I exchanged a few emails with him a few weeks ago. He said they were working on XP and hoped it would be done in a few weeks. I hope it is soom. Thats all I know.

Old 10-02-2002, 10:39 PM

He finally changed the message on their homepage. Hope it's a good sign...
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 10-03-2002, 01:28 PM

There an interesting article with Dave Amels who does all the modeling programing for Bombfacory in the latest Tape Opp mag.

He says at the end of the article.

"I start with the RTAS version and I use C++ byt then we optomize that. I code the 56K verwsion separately in pure assembly withc is quite a task. The tools that Digi gives us to make this stuff areen't very good, so we spend a lot of time rebooting Macs."

He later goes on to say....

"I've just outlined how much work it takes to design these things, it takes just as much time as designing hardware, My health has suffered from working 80 hour weeks for the last three years on this stuff- I'm actually under a doctor's care right now for fatigue. To have people rip this stuff off left and right is really demoralizing to me and makes me not want to do this anymore."

Keep that in mind. These are working really hard for us, even though they appartently can't keep up with all the platform bull s**t and not to mention the crap they take from DIGI. I feel sorry for them. They are just 2 guys. There not Waves or Digidesign. Lets hope they can get it going soon for us.. The situation is very aggrivating and unfortunate.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:25 AM

Sometimes when you put a lot of BF plugins on a session and then try to remove one of them you get a crash.

I don't think anyone ever solved the problem.

A workaround is to take the offending plugin out of the plugin folder then open the session. You can then remove the deactivated offending plug-in.

No one really seems to know much about this problem, perhaps it will be gone with the XP plugins.

Steve