Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2015, 04:01 PM

Default woke up today- now I have latency..

No matter if it's keys through midi triggering an aux plugin..
or simply a guitar track recorded on an audio track..
Whatever I play.. I hear it later than I'm playing it..

..to the point I have to play it the performance an entire 8th note ahead for it lock in with the track while I'm playing.. BUT it's recording the actual timing of what I played (without the latency).. so it plays the performance back AHEAD of the music.

I've tried different H/W Buffer sizes.. 1024 is what I usually have it on with no probs.. 512 was a little better.. but it hangs up for 15 seconds after I stop recording a take..

All I have on this session is an aux with BOOM plugin.. a midi track triggering it.. and this guitar track... (using Eleven Rack) but again.. it does this on all inputs.

Really need to get this project done today for someone so any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks.