Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2001, 01:30 PM

Default Need more info on "nudge bug"

To replicate the bug: Go into grid mode. Set the Grid value to 1 frame. Set the nudge value to 1/4 frame. Set the curser on the grid and hit the + key 4 times. You should be on the gird at the next frame, but you're not. If you continue to nudge you get even farther off the grid.

I did some searches, and I *think* Digidesign is aware of this particular problem. I also got the impression it's happening at scales other than just timecode.

Could someone confirm or clarify this? i.e: Is it just 1/4 frames that are a problem? Is it only being in Grid mode that is a problem? etc. I need to be able to trust that the nudging I'm doing is accurate. I usually don't work in grid mode, but you can easily see the problem that way.

Thanks,
Curt
Old 11-27-2001, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Need more info on "nudge bug"

This is a nostalgic moment for me. A year ago I treaded this topic to no avail. I still get intermittant nudge glitches. So I just just have to pay close attention when nudging to make sure the region is actually moving. When nudge doesn't work the highlight (black area) moves and the region stays put. Hunh.....
Old 11-27-2001, 07:39 PM

A number of months ago, I reported a bug when nudging in one second increments while gridded to 29.97fps time code. PT calculates the nudge as if the time code was 30fps, resulting in a few dropped samples each nudge. I believe Brett was able to reproduce and report the bug to the right people in engineering. See if you get the same results in 30fps time code.

-c
Control 24 - 96io - 1622
OSX 10.6.8 - PTHD 10.3.10
Old 11-28-2001, 02:14 AM

Thank you. I need to do more tests I guess. I read your posts -- this bug is not the one where the region doesn't move. Instead nudges are coming up short; the more consecutive nudges, the worse it is.

This is not good... our main client (huge, powerful corporation)has recently become very aware of things like sync pops and is double-checking things for accuracy.

I'm hoping to get clarification that this problem is confined to certain areas - like maybe only when working at 29.97 (which I usually am) as Ripple mentioned - so I know what to watch out for.