Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 02:37 AM

Default MIDI Latency Problems Recording Addictive Drums

*Note: I posted this in the Windows forum as well because i'm running PT on XP on my mac.

Here's my issue. I have an M-Audio Radium 61 hooked up to a 2.33 core 2 duo macbook pro. When using addictive drums i can trigger using a low latency setting and it's right in time with the grid but when recording the midi there is a certain latency and the hits never go to the correct places on the grid. no matter if I have MIDI input quantize on, or how it's set, I just can't get the drums recorded real time to the grid. This is HIGHLY unacceptable and I was wondering if there was a setting in Pro tools that i'm missing that will help aleviate this issue. I'm running an original M-Box with the latest version of 7.3 and am well aware of the inherant latency. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sean