Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re- General Troubleshooting - some problems

The original post is great and it really helped me. But 2 things don't seem to work for me, well at least i think they don't and i was wondering if anyone can help me out with this , please.

1)first problem - Disabling Processor NAP

Processor NAP will not Disable!!

I followed all the steps installed the latest Chud and got the processors icon in System Preferences
I unticked the Allow NAP box and restarted.

I downloaded the script but it did not look like an installer file so I extracted the file to my application folder and dropped it to the Login items box (the thing with the - and + sign)in System Preferences Accounts. did i do this wrongly i never worked with scripts before ? the reason I'm asking is due to the fact that when i turned my computer back on the "Allow NAP" was checked.

2)second problem - Spotlight Indexing

Spotlight will not find files on search

I have disabled Spotlight Indexing in both methods mentioned in the originl post and it seems to have worked well but the only problem is that now i cannot search for files with spotlight.is ther any way to re enable the spotlight search function and still disabled Spotlight Indexing?

Cheers for reading ,

Shil,
Old 06-26-2007, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Re- General Troubleshooting - some problems

can some one give me some attention please
Old 06-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Avid

Which model Mac are you on? If it's not a G5, the NAP feature will not work.

As for Spotlight - in most cases you do not need to disable indexing unless you're seeing specific drive access issues. If you have to disable Spotlight indexing, you can always search files and folders using 'Find' (cmd+f) which works no matter what the indexing state of Spotlight is...
Old 06-27-2007, 10:03 AM

Thank you so much for your reply,

Oopsy im on a powerbook G4 so i guess i'll need to remove the NAP feature, any ideas or info on how to do it ?

(cmd+f) will not do a search for me after following the steps in the original post. did i do something wrong and is there a way to undo this and get my search feature to work again ?

Cheers for your help,

Shil
Old 06-28-2007, 02:40 AM

Please help me oh mighty Protools guru
Old 06-28-2007, 03:01 AM

Quote:
is ther any way to re enable the spotlight search function and still disabled Spotlight Indexing?
you can always try Easyfind