Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2006, 05:26 PM

Default TASK MANAGER ISSUE - Can U Help ??

I tried searching and came up empty

when importing tracks from one session to another I ran into an issue w/ disc allocation

It's been solved and all my files are THERE and everything plays back fine. However :

No matter WHAT session ( or song ) I open up - it sends the Task Manager looking for some files from a track I was trying to import - even in unrelated sessions. When I try to close any session, it says there are still tasks that are not completed.

In the Task Manger window there are folders in the bottom half ( PAUSED TASKS ) labeled "Processing Audio Files " and then a status of " Unable to Parse Audio File Vocal2.0r" ..etc ( or whatever the file name is )

In the upper corner of the Task Manager window there is a icon that allows RESUME all tasks.. It does nothing for this situation

Can anyone help ?? I dont want my computer working behind the scenes when I working and I dont NEED PT to locate any file anymores.. My sessions are all runiing fine
Old 07-06-2006, 06:55 PM

Default Re: TASK MANAGER ISSUE - Can U Help ??

Hi Dan,
Yeah, that can be a PITA. The quick, immediate thing I do when Task Manager tries to access or reference files that are no longer needed for the session I'm opening, is to click the "Skip All" button and I'm no longer "harassed" by the TM.
Another work-around, or perhaps permanent solution for a particular session is: after you click the "Skip All" button and the session opened, go to the File menu and choose Save a Copy As. This will create a whole new session folder with only the tracks that are currently in use for that session. Hope that helps,