Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 06-04-2020, 10:18 PM

Default Unable to download project from cloud

Hello

I have spent several hours working on a project on Pro Tools First, saving the session onto the cloud (I have 99gb of available space). I saved and closed my work last night, and now when I try to open the project I get the message "Unable to download project". It then prompts me if I want to try and open it from the cached files. When I click ok, I then get the message Could not complete your request because The parameter is incorrect. (87) c:\Users\name\Documents\Pro Tools\Project Cache\ARmPnxh8bHwVEsiRN-tQAd\yxAtUmHVjjPSAAC4G6WVcd.ptproject\Revision History\Manual Saves\0018.ptpx.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing all the hardware and plug-ins, including for the cloud server client. I have also tried running as administrator. I have tried creating a new session and importing the tracks, but all the audio tracks that were in the project appear as 0 bytes and cannot be imported.

Pro Tools First version 19.6
OS Windows 10 Home
RAM 8gb (7.9 usable)
Processor Intel, 2GHz, 64-bit OS

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Unable to download project from cloud

Hi - Did you get a response? I have similar issues - my files disappeared from the local cache in PTF 2019.6 and will not download from cloud (says "0% downloaded")
Old 06-25-2020, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Unable to download project from cloud

Not sure how to get back your project files, but in the future you will want to make sure that your projects fully synced to the cloud.

It is recommended, and I would highly suggest that before closing your project that you open and monitor the PT Task Manager. You open it from the Window menu:

Window->Task Manager

Once there are no more running tasks, then you are safe to exit PT.

Just to test that everything is working properly, I would create a new project with the Backup to Cloud selection checked. Record just a few small tracks, then open the Task Manager, save the project and close the project. You should see a few tasks run stating that it is backing up to the cloud. Once finished, close PT altogether.

Restart PT and see if you can open the new project.

System Details