Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 04-30-2016, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Plug-in changes sample rate?

Step #1-open a support ticket with Waves as they need to know any and all that are having this issue. I agree with the others about it being a cpu hit and nothing to do with sample rate.

Step #2-until Waves comes up with a solution(and I do think this is a waves problem, not a PT problem), I would stop using the plugin. As with most VI synths, there are several that can arrive at essentially the same sound, so maybe experiment with others that you have, or try some demo's from other makers.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-04-2016, 06:39 AM

Hi

Thanks for reviving this thread as it's still causing issues, glad to see I'm not the only one... I did open a ticket with them last night and they told me

Quote:
Dear George,

Thank you for contacting Waves Tech-Support,

Please note that Elements 2 is very CPU demanding plugin which in heavy sessions can cause CPU spikes.

I suggest that you try to disable any other high demanding plugins and/or raise the buffer size in ProTool's PlayBack Engine preferences.

Also I suggest to change to Elements 1 algorithm mode in order to reduce CPU consumption.

You may also try to reduce the number of Polyphony/Voices

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
Waves
I'm gonna go back to them later after work as I don't really see this a solution at all, if it's high in CPU then they should make it not so. and tbh it isn't, not really... like I reported it is high in CPU when loading, once it's loaded it's fine.

I just bought Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate the other day and if I don't get this fixed i'm just gonna uninstall it and use one of the several synths included in that package instead.

Thanks
George
Old 05-04-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyiakoumi View Post
Hi

Thanks for reviving this thread as it's still causing issues, glad to see I'm not the only one... I did open a ticket with them last night and they told me

I'm gonna go back to them later after work as I don't really see this a solution at all, if it's high in CPU then they should make it not so. and tbh it isn't, not really... like I reported it is high in CPU when loading, once it's loaded it's fine.

I just bought Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate the other day and if I don't get this fixed i'm just gonna uninstall it and use one of the several synths included in that package instead.

Thanks
George
Do a couple of things BEFORE you try using any of the vi's in K10 inside PT. First, after you install and authorize the plugins, run NI Service Center to make sure you have all the latest updates as what's on the hard drive you get are NOT the latest version. Next open each vi in standalone mode first, make any preference changes, close the vi. They should then be good to go in PT or whatever daw you're using.

QAPLA!
Old 05-05-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Do a couple of things BEFORE you try using any of the vi's in K10 inside PT. First, after you install and authorize the plugins, run NI Service Center to make sure you have all the latest updates as what's on the hard drive you get are NOT the latest version. Next open each vi in standalone mode first, make any preference changes, close the vi. They should then be good to go in PT or whatever daw you're using.
Thanks for the tips musicman691 :) They're all up to date now.