Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 09-19-2018, 12:37 PM

Default Problems using Artist control with PT control

Using the latest version of Eucon and PT Ultimate, I am having problems using PT control along with my Artist Control+Artist mix combo.

Using earlier versions all was fine as long as I didn`t try to use the display soft keys on both. Everything else was fine. Now I can`t even use PT Control without having all the soft keys and programmable knobs on the Artist Control go unresponsive and/or behave strange.

This means I can`t use the PT control on the iPad for panning or spilling VCA`s like I used to.

Anyone else seeing this or is this a problem with my install?

Espen
Old 10-12-2018, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Problems using Artist control with PT control

Solved this by doing a clean install, first uninstalled the old EuControl v3.7 then ran the "cleanEuphonixSystem" script. Everything working as it should now. So, classic case of user error..
Old 10-12-2018, 02:58 AM

Whats this "cleanEuphonixSystem' script?
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 10-13-2018, 01:20 AM
Avid

It was the old way of deleting a few left over Pref files. The new 18.3 installer has all that (and more) built in now.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:12 AM

ok, thanks!
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 11-29-2018, 03:16 PM

That's interesting, il try that, mine doesn't work st all with ipad!
Old 01-24-2019, 10:41 AM

My problem is getting PT Control to work with Nuendo. Here's what I don't understand. Nuendo works fine with my Artist Series hardware (MC Control, 2 Mix and Transport). I got PT Control for the LARGER CHANNEL VIEW, the larger lettering on the soft keys, the fast scroll ability with the tracks page and VCA Spill.

But when I turn on the iPad/PT Control, I lose the text on many of my soft keys on the MC Control, I still can't get VCA Spill to work and if I even touch the Tracks page it makes Eucon crash witch, in turn, makes Nuendo crash seconds later!

If NONE OF THIS HAPPENS WITH THE HARDWARE, why is any of this happening with PT Control?

I got PT Control as the test setup for moving up to a Dock S3 system, with the hope that, at some point, I'd be using a Dock with 2 LINKED S3's as my final system. But if the PT Control won't work with Nuendo, the upgrade hardware purchases are, obviously, pointless.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:53 AM

You've already been told VCA spill is only for Pro Tools.
You can't link two S3. That's been asked and answered multiple times on the forum and never been advertised as possible.

Also, this thread is about Pro Tools not Nuendo. Being off topic is poor etiquette.

Artist Control works great with the Control App and Pro Tools.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:12 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
My problem is getting PT Control to work with Nuendo. Here's what I don't understand. Nuendo works fine with my Artist Series hardware (MC Control, 2 Mix and Transport). I got PT Control for the LARGER CHANNEL VIEW, the larger lettering on the soft keys, the fast scroll ability with the tracks page and VCA Spill.

But when I turn on the iPad/PT Control, I lose the text on many of my soft keys on the MC Control, I still can't get VCA Spill to work and if I even touch the Tracks page it makes Eucon crash witch, in turn, makes Nuendo crash seconds later!

If NONE OF THIS HAPPENS WITH THE HARDWARE, why is any of this happening with PT Control?

I got PT Control as the test setup for moving up to a Dock S3 system, with the hope that, at some point, I'd be using a Dock with 2 LINKED S3's as my final system. But if the PT Control won't work with Nuendo, the upgrade hardware purchases are, obviously, pointless.
I got my QA guy to spend 1 hour trying to reproduce this today with your setup and Nuendo with no luck. Not sure what you are doing but maybe check your network setup. I already said VCA spill is PT only.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
You've already been told VCA spill is only for Pro Tools.
You can't link two S3. That's been asked and answered multiple times on the forum and never been advertised as possible.

Also, this thread is about Pro Tools not Nuendo. Being off topic is poor etiquette.

Artist Control works great with the Control App and Pro Tools.
Wow, you jumped on every statement in my post EXCEPT THE QUESTION!

All of the stuff you latched onto was simply me repeating my reasons for making the purchase and my HOPE for what MIGHT happen in the future. My question was simply asking IF THE FUNCTIONS WORKED AS EXPECTED IN THE HARDWARE VERSION, WHY DON'T THEY WORK THE SAME IN THE APP?

Avid acquired a brand, in Euphonix, that had it's major appeal in the Eucon Protocol which worked with NUMEROUS DAWS. THAT WAS IT'S PRIMARY ATTRACTION. Every Ad went on and on about NOT having to choose between platforms. You can own several and never change your work flow because this hardware would work the same across all of them. I never saw a single statement from Avid saying that mandate had changed. But clearly it has, since every attempt I've seen of anybody using anything other than PT is met with this kind of totally unhelpful response. But, I have received your message loud and clear now. Eucon is for PT and the rest of us are on our own.

As to my poor etiquette, the post is titled Problems using Artist control with PT control My question is about my issue trying to use Artist Control with the PT Control App. But Apologies to the original author of this thread, if I've caused him any offense.