Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2019, 10:00 AM

Default MIDI Errors

Hi,

I'm working with a client who is on an HDX rig, 2012 Mac 12 core (I believe), High Sierra, PT 12.6.1. He has been complaining of MIDI controller issues. He is describing misfiring, stuttering, and notes cutting off early as he is recording MIDI notes. I was in his room and did identify some latency issues while playing the piano although I did not experience the cutting off of the notes he has described. I attempted to adjust the buffer size to a lower setting thinking it might resolve the issue and it did not.

What's interesting is that the MIDI graphics on the screen appear to be corrupted, I will attach a screenshot of the results so you can get an idea. He claims that the notes cutting off coincide with the stuttered graphics on the screen. We opened some older MIDI files created on previous PT versions and the MIDI opens and plays back fine on his rig. When I opened this same session on my rig at home (an older PT 10.3.10 HD) the MIDI worked flawlessly.

I'm beginning to think this behavior is a bug in 12.6.1 because it seems to be isolated to this rig and sessions created within the 12.6 environment but as it's not my system I can't really spend time testing my hypothesis. Has anyone (particularly AVID employees) seen this problem? Has a bug report been issued on this or could this be a corrupt install? The client is at his wits end and I really need to get this resolved sooner than later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 11.48.44 AM.jpg (34.2 KB, 0 views)
Los Angeles Ca
"Award Winning Work, Every time..."
www.duskbennett.com