Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2014, 09:50 PM

Default 002r + PT11 on HP ZBook 15 is working

(Sorry, this is cross-posted in the PT11 forum as well, but I thought some of you might like to know this)

Well, I've just fired up a brand new HP ZBook 15 laptop (Win7), a cheap Startech Firewire Expresscard, my shiny new PT 11, and my trusty 002r. I installed the latest 003 driver from the Avid site. Good to go. No install problems. Everything basically works.
I say basically because there is some sort of strange latency on record which sounds a bit phasey and in both ears, but as soon as I hit "low latency recording", it's all fine.
I've used a Lynx Aurora converter via lightpipe and external pre's for years. All working except for that recording issue whether I use the external conversion or the internal mic pre's.

I'm totally floored that this works. I switched to a macbook pro 7 years ago because of PC and PT hassles. It was bombproof. But now, as I was going to replace the Macbook, I realized I couldn't justify the price for a new one. Took a risk with the HP, assuming the 002r wouldn't work, and I'd be buying a new interface (with the almost $1000 saved on the MBP). Go figure. It works. I can track without eq and compression for a while. :)

A good news PT story. Fun hey?

Darryl
Old 12-06-2014, 10:36 PM

Default Re: 002r + PT11 on HP ZBook 15 is working

Just a quick update on this. It all works perfectly now. I haven't figured out if it was simply that I had dozens of tracks open with multiple high delay plugins, or whether it was the tip that suggested that Windows 7 audio needs to stay away from the PT drivers (ie. default audio should be the built-in audio, not the digi box driver), anyway, it's all working as hoped, even when recording without low-latency monitoring.

darryl
Old 04-03-2015, 02:16 PM

Default Re: 002r + PT11 on HP ZBook 15 is working

Hi
Is this still working well? I am looking for a Windows laptop that I can use with my Digi 002, and am a bit confused about the (lack of) options out there. Seems like Digi 002 is unsupported but will likely work but I'd rather not shell out for a new laptop and get it home and find it doesn't work.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:44 PM

Totally.

I have to disable the wifi adapter with my mbox2, as it seems to cause the cpu meter to spike, and on the zBook, the simple button on top disables wifi and bluetooth, but I use a bluetooth mouse, so I disable the adapter through the network adaptor panel. Doesn't seem to affect the digi 002r via the firewire card.

The phasing issue I noted below was, indeed, having the internal audio routing through the digi asio driver. Just had to set the default audio back to the internal speakers.

This has been a very excellent experience.

Darryl