Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2013, 08:04 AM

Default shortcut on d-command ES question

Without the d-command I'm used to:

-suspend automation
-find the right plugin settings
-unsuspend, highlight, and "write to all enabled"

Questions:

1) I'm not seeing a suspend button on the d-com, does this exist?
2) when I hit the "all enab" button on the d-com it tells me no automation was written

Help!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 AM

Default Re: shortcut on d-command ES question

1) It's one of the Global modifier controls, and it's called "Auto Susp".

2) For instance, you can't write automation if it's suspended, because suspending affects reading AND writing.

I highly recommend that you check out Preview mode. You can enable it from the soft keys section (Actions button), or by holding Command (Mac) while pressing the Off switch in the Automation mode controls section.

In short; Preview mode only isolates (suspends) the auto-enabled parameter you touch. So you could touch freq, gain and Q of any auto-enabled eq, but the rest of the automated mix would play back as normal. This is, by far, much better than suspending the entire mix. It took me a while to grasp the power of Preview mode, but I could never go back now.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:02 PM

After you learn the Preview mode and how the automations really function, you understand what you were missing

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24
Old 09-01-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Lover View Post
In short; Preview mode only isolates (suspends) the auto-enabled parameter you touch. So you could touch freq, gain and Q of any auto-enabled eq, but the rest of the automated mix would play back as normal. This is, by far, much better than suspending the entire mix. It took me a while to grasp the power of Preview mode, but I could never go back now.
Anyone seeing PREVIEW mode not latching a parameter?

I'm playing a clip in loop mode, move an EQ3 setting but it reverts back to it's original place when the loop starts again. Got the Auto Mode flashing on D-Command and all, as usual, but it's not latching the parameters I want to adjust.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennym View Post
Anyone seeing PREVIEW mode not latching a parameter?

I'm playing a clip in loop mode, move an EQ3 setting but it reverts back to it's original place when the loop starts again. Got the Auto Mode flashing on D-Command and all, as usual, but it's not latching the parameters I want to adjust.
No, but I've seen the EQ3 plugin totally ignore all settings on all instances in a session, and it seemed to relate to putting my 2mix audio print track to input mode.