Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 01:37 PM

Default BCF2000

Hi,
Could anyone using the BCF2000 controller with PTMP know if you can control EQ with it ? i can work the usual arm, mute, solo, pan, vol, automation and transport functions, but i was unsure if it could work EQ

Any help much appreciated

Will
Old 10-19-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: BCF2000

Hey,

How did you turn on automation using the BCF?, I've been trying to get it working and hav?en't had any luck.

As for your question I noticed the plugins and eq's are highlighted but haven't had luck controlling those either.
Blog For Beats Facebook
My Twitter
Old 10-19-2005, 04:03 PM

Hey R1ch

Sorry but i think i have confused my self, over the last week i have swapped from Cubase on the PC, through Logic Express on the mac, and now PTMP on the Mac.. and i think the automation i got working was in Logic Express using Logic Control Emulation on the BCF.

Hmm, how can we get automation, and EQ tweeking to work on the BCF using PTMP?, if i could get this working, i would certainly buy another BCF, and use two.

Will

Quote:
Hey,

How did you turn on automation using the BCF?, I've been trying to get it working and hav?en't had any luck.

As for your question I noticed the plugins and eq's are highlighted but haven't had luck controlling those either.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:00 PM

Ok, after a bit of playing, i can get PTMP to record automation no problem, and i can tel PTMP what automation to record ( Vol, Pan, Mute, etc ) but you just cant switch the tracks to Write using Shift(Edit) and and the Solo button ( 1off, 2read, 3write, 4touch)..

Is this a PTMP problem, or a problem with the BCF ?

Will
Old 10-19-2005, 07:41 PM

Hey,

When you say 'playing' can you elaborate on that please?

What exactly are you doing???
Blog For Beats Facebook
My Twitter
Old 10-20-2005, 05:51 AM

Hi R1ch,

Ok,
firstly, to show u what i mean in PTMP, go to Windows, and Show Automation Enable.

then on the BCF hold Shift (Edit) and press the 1 to 5 Mute buttons, this will show you in Automation Enable, which automation types are armed.

Now, like i said we cant set tracks to Write using the BCF, so open a project with a few tracks, and manually enable Write Automation on say the first track.. then playback the song and move the BCF volume, or pan or whatever automation your wanting to record.

when your doing this its probably good practice to change the track from waveform, to Volume or pan to view whatever automation your recording, but i have noticed you dont get a visual representation in realtime of what automation your recording. but when you stop playback you should be able to see the automation you have just recorded, and it should swap to Touch.

this works perfect for me, and i recorded automation for 12 tracks last night, however its a pain that you cant write enable and disable tracks with the BCF, that would make it way easyer to correct bits of automation.. however now if you get it wrong you have to manually re enable Write using the mouse on the track.

I logged a ticked with behringer last night, unsure if they will get back to me or not !

hope this helps

Will
Old 10-20-2005, 06:08 AM

Hey Will,

We have mis-understood each other. I am aware that you can 'manually' set automation by using the mouse.
But this is my gripe with the BCF; beacause I want to be able to turn on write automation using the BCF only.

The pdf from the behringer site says that the baby hui emulation is perfect for PT, and it obviously isn't that at all.

Please update me if you hear anyhing positive from behringer.

Rich
Blog For Beats Facebook
My Twitter
Old 10-28-2005, 11:38 AM

Hi Rich,

i received a response from Behringer today, this is what they said.

----
Dear Will

may be it is neccessary to double check in which mode the BCF2000 is started - LC or BHui ?

(my backup version of Logic doesn't support bhui - but the LC mode works fine)

If you are is certain that you are in BHui mode - then there's a chance that you have got into a different edit level. Press "pan" (really called "store") and then try ?

If this does not help - delete the Bhui surface from Protools, switch off BCF, close software.
Re-start BCF in bhui mode and re-open software. Perhaps this will help ?

If still no luck - does the protools (m-powered) support the Mackie Controller ? if yes - try MC_C mode or even L_C mode....may do the trick ?

We hope that we have been able to help you with this information.

Best regards,

Your BEHRINGER Customer Support Team
--

Makes no difference really, i have fired this back, telling him everything he has suggested hasnt resolved it,

Just thought i would keep you posted.

Will
Old 10-29-2005, 05:22 PM

Hey Will thanks for the update,

That is just my luck really! I too emailed Behringer but haven't had any news from them.

I will have a stab at this later, and let you know.

Rich
Blog For Beats Facebook
My Twitter