Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-31-2014, 02:56 PM

Default Consolidate Problems

I have clicks appear, when I consolidate clips. I can see the clips it in the new audio.
*Edit* it seems to happen only in 32-88. When I save it as 24-88 consolidate works correctly. File type ist BWF.

Happens in 11.02 and in upgrade PT 11.2 HDX on MacPro.

By the way PT crashes every time I close a session. This started with 11.2

Programmers please, I like my 32 BIT !!

EDIT:
These days I had a session 32-44. There it worked fine. So it´s not the 32 Bit nor the 88kHz, it´s both as it seems.

Last edited by Seeya1; 08-04-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Consolidate Problems

If you have Auto Fades enabled in the preferences (Operations tab), these will not be rendered when you consolidate. So a track with edits that plays back fine, could have clicks when you consolidate.

Is this what's happening?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya1 View Post
I have clicks appear, when I consolidate clips. I can see the clips it in the new audio.
*Edit* it seems to happen only in 32-88. When I save it as 24-88 consolidate works correctly. File type ist BWF.

Happens in 11.02 and in upgrade PT 11.2 HDX on MacPro.

By the way PT crashes every time I close a session. This started with 11.2

Programmers please, I like my 32 BIT !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
If you have Auto Fades enabled in the preferences (Operations tab), these will not be rendered when you consolidate. So a track with edits that plays back fine, could have clicks when you consolidate.

In addition to what Drew wrote for the crashes - do you have Sampletank 3 in a session? If you do and save/close the session with the ST3 gui open it will crash; known issue reported to IK Multimedia. Another thing is there are several known issues with PT11.2 which is why there are people that have rolled back to PT11.1.3.

As to the 32 bit - near as I know there are no 32 bit ad/da converters and there's plenty of headroom with 24 bit so to rid yourself of the clicks if you don't have what Drew wrote then I'd use 24 bit depth sessions.

QAPLA!
Old 08-04-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post

Thanks for the quick answer, but it´s NOT what happened. It was a drum track edited with Beat detective and calculated crossfades.
The Clicks and pops also appeared at places, where no fades had been.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
In addition to what Drew wrote for the crashes - do you have Sampletank 3 in a session? If you do and save/close the session with the ST3 gui open it will crash; known issue reported to IK Multimedia. Another thing is there are several known issues with PT11.2 which is why there are people that have rolled back to PT11.1.3.

As to the 32 bit - near as I know there are no 32 bit ad/da converters and there's plenty of headroom with 24 bit so to rid yourself of the clicks if you don't have what Drew wrote then I'd use 24 bit depth sessions.
NO ST in the session, problem also in 10.0.2.
For this session I did it in 24 Bit. There was no other choice to convert it. I tried a lot other ways (OMF export, Save a new session (but with 32Bit)), but there is no substitute for consolidate. Not in this case with 11 songs á 22 Drum tracks. I could have used bounce, but then I had to change all the names, would have taken hours; also when you bounce offline, there is a gab at the beginning of the track, that would have changed the starting point for the other studio (that also had started to record other things with the timeline ....).
Old 08-04-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya1 View Post
NO ST in the session, problem also in 10.0.2.
For this session I did it in 24 Bit. There was no other choice to convert it. I tried a lot other ways (OMF export, Save a new session (but with 32Bit)), but there is no substitute for consolidate. Not in this case with 11 songs á 22 Drum tracks. I could have used bounce, but then I had to change all the names, would have taken hours; also when you bounce offline, there is a gab at the beginning of the track, that would have changed the starting point for the other studio (that also had started to record other things with the timeline ....).
When I do offline bounce and make the proper timeline selection there is no gap at the beginning.

QAPLA!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
When I do offline bounce and make the proper timeline selection there is no gap at the beginning.
Yes, as I recognized this functions OK in 11.2. again ! In 11.0.2 I had to make the bounce section 50-200ms longer at the front, so that there was no "blubb" sound at the beginning.

Ah, I heard it again !!! It´s still there ...

Last edited by Seeya1; 08-12-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:28 PM

Happens randomly to me. Even in the same session. Some tracks will consolidate and others won't. Elastic Audio is not a factor. The are all on the same drive so that's not the issue. OX 10.9.5 PT 11.3 but also did this in previous version of 11.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:22 PM

Has anyone had any progress on this? I can't consolidate drums on some sessions and its killing my workflow. I get loud AWFUL honks randomly when a track is consolidated. Not all sessions just some.
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2018.3.
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:11 PM

It's happened to me a couple of times too, especially after a lot of audio edits. The clicks and pops appear randomly and in places where there weren't fades. Restarting my Mac didn't help. What I did was; copy the un-consolidated parts to a new audio track and consolidate. Not "make a duplicate" because I kept getting the same clicks and pops that way. It's a pain but if it works...