Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-11-2010, 03:43 PM

Default ProTools and EW Play

Hi
Is it a known issue that EW Play from time to time forget it's settings (instruments) when you load the session? I have to load the instruments manually very often. Lots of time wasted......
Old 02-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Default Re: ProTools and EW Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS-DK View Post
Hi
Is it a known issue that EW Play from time to time forget it's settings (instruments) when you load the session? I have to load the instruments manually very often. Lots of time wasted......
I think all of this is going to get worse.... It really seems to me that a lot of vendors are having immense problems getting their code straight. Maybe OS X is just too advanced for them or Objective C - is not the rosetta stone Jobs claimed it to be.

At least I am getting so awfully tired of all those small and stupid BUGs totally RUINING the whole workflow.

IF software companies would have to abide by the same laws as food manufacturers NONE OF THEM would be in business. Go figure.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:12 PM

I have the same fear.....great software, but VERY fragile.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I have the same fear.....great software, but VERY fragile.
Yeah and GREAT sound too. If the sound was rubbish it would be a breeze to leave the s-ware in the ditch..... East West make the finest sounds available. IMO.

And the concept of Play is great. Only stability is a killer.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:21 PM

And they haven't updated for quite some time - I have issues with Celemony software too, but I know it's cutting edge software - and nothing like it. So what to do....hopefully they will get everything fixed....yes, I am a dreamer
Old 02-11-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
yes, I am a dreamer
So am I, as long as the dream doesn't morph into a kruger-nighmare.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:29 PM

Old 02-11-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Hell, when it comes to EastWest, i'd be happy if they'd just let you know about the KNOWN issues. e.g. Play WILL NOT WORK if you have an ethernet controller connected. In fact, it'll cause massive crashes requiring you to rebuild all PT prefs. They've known this for 2 years, by their own telling, but still don't post that info on their compatibility grid. I spoke to them two months ago when this was revealed to me and they agreed that that info should be on their compatibility page. Go check their site -- there's still no mention of it. So, in my case, they got $800 out of me which they wouldn't have gotten had I known. No updates to fix it, and apparently no intention to fix it. Shady, shady, shady. I'd discourage anybody from getting into business with them.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Hell, when it comes to EastWest, i'd be happy if they'd just let you know about the KNOWN issues. e.g. Play WILL NOT WORK if you have an ethernet controller connected. In fact, it'll cause massive crashes requiring you to rebuild all PT prefs. They've known this for 2 years, by their own telling, but still don't post that info on their compatibility grid. I spoke to them two months ago when this was revealed to me and they agreed that that info should be on their compatibility page. Go check their site -- there's still no mention of it. So, in my case, they got $800 out of me which they wouldn't have gotten had I known. No updates to fix it, and apparently no intention to fix it. Shady, shady, shady. I'd discourage anybody from getting into business with them at this point.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:56 PM

It's tough because some of their stuff sounds great but MAN I wish they had gone with a Kontakt based system. I'd probably of already bought their new strings but I just can't (I have 6 libraries) deal with that play plug they designed. It's fat and slow and buggy and can't locate samples some times and it crashes and it's just a big stupid pig. But the piano sounds are the best there is...for now.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.