Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2020, 06:47 AM

Default DVS Sample Rate Switching

Hi

I've been very much enjoying my MTRX Studio the last few months and have figured out most of the features. One convenient thing it Dante Virtual Soundcard. I can have a desktop coreaudio output and listen to anything from macOS while having my HDX system engaged.

However there is one issue that i can't seem to resolve:

DVS connects via a Dante Input on the MTRX Studio. The MTRX Studio is set to follow the digilink sampe rate, which is usually set to 48kHz. When I switch to a 44.1 session, then i lose the desktop audio from dante, as the DVS does not automatically switch. I have to manually go into Dante controller and do that.

Is there a workaround for this? I also have Dante Via, but that doesn't seem to help in this scenario either. I there a way to have the Dante sample rate be a slave to my MTRX Studio sample rate and communicate that to DVS as well?

Any help or workarounds are appreciated, thanks
Old 09-14-2020, 10:07 AM

Default DVS Sample Rate Switching

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousLullabyz View Post
Is there a workaround for this? I also have Dante Via, but that doesn't seem to help in this scenario either. I there a way to have the Dante sample rate be a slave to my MTRX Studio sample rate and communicate that to DVS as well?
If there is I haven’t found it either. I don’t think it can based on the way DVS works.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 09-14-2020, 11:08 AM

Default Re: DVS Sample Rate Switching

Same issue here... I just switch manually. Wish it could re-clock like all my other Dante/REDNET gear, but apparently not. Thankfully, I stay at 48k 98% of the time, so not huge for me, but I understand for some this could be many times per day.

PTHD Ultimate/Eucon (latest betas) / Mac Studio Ultra 128GB RAM / Aja T-Tap / Sonnet M.2 4x4 PCIe 8TB / Focusrite 16Line / MTRX Studio / UAD Octo / 32 channel S1 & Dock (5) 2019 Fire HD 10 / Dolby Atmos 9.1.4 /Mastering Suite / 13.0 Sony 360RA