Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-06-2002, 01:37 PM

Default DVD\'s CD\'s Plus Pro Tools ALL Working Well through 001 Sound Card w/ no problems

Well what do you!

I got my digi 001 to work on my A7v266-E as the main sound card that plays the sound for all my audio cd's with Windows Media and DVD's with WinDVD. Plus I have no problems running Pro Tools . Yes this has made me the happyest man on earth today. One sound card and everything plays perfect.

This came in handy since I ran out of money to buy a separate sound card, but no need now.
It's PARTY TIME !

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
By the way this is no joke I'm serious and just happen to get lucky fooling around with my PC
Old 07-06-2002, 02:28 PM

Default Re: DVD\'s CD\'s Plus Pro Tools ALL Working Well through 001 Sound Card w/ no problems

Hey what's up,

Glad you got everything working. I have the same Motherboard you do...Do you get this 5 second pause whenever you try to play a media file through Windows Media Player? It's very annoying, and I don't know how to get it to play. I know it has to be the DIGI001 because if I have sound off, the files load immediately. THanks.

VInce
Old 07-06-2002, 03:02 PM

Default Re: DVD\'s CD\'s Plus Pro Tools ALL Working Well through 001 Sound Card w/ no problems

No, I get the usaul delay you get when trying to access a song on cd or on the hard drive. Sorry I don't think I'll be able to help you.

But just in case this, here's what I did to get everything working on my mechine. I install xp on 2 new hard drives both 40gbs. After I got xp and running with my basic hardware set (AGP Card Modem) I made sure I disabled the onboard sound controller's for the A7V266-E Via KT266A. After that I installed Digi001 card and Pro Tools and Wave drivers. I started a basic recording session to see if I could record tracks and I had no problems. Then I shut down my Computer, removed my 001 card and enabled my onboard audio. When the computer came back on I tried to install the updated for drivers for the onboard sound that I downloaded off of Asus Web Site. Of course it didn't let me finish installing, I got an 6002 error, So then I had to press ctrl Alt Del to end the task on that error. So after that I shut down the computer and reinstalled my 001 card. I booted back up, I went back into my Bios and Disabled the onboard audio. Saved my changes and cotinued to boot. When the computer came back
it still loaded my gameport and other Audio drivers that it would have loaded needed to load if I was going to ble to us the onboard Audio card. After it finish I launched Pro tools to see if there was going to be any changes in my digi001 and when I loaded it and launch a session I had been working on prior to all this. It played and worked without a problem. I then tried to play a cd and a dvd and it launch without any problem and played through my 001 without a problem. It's great because I just brought some Tannoy Active Monitors and they sound crisp and so clear.
I hope this was able to help you understand how I got lucky today.
[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2002, 03:03 PM

Oh, by the way I have my windows sounds disabled.