Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 07-01-2019, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance insanity

And in an email from Dirk at Plugin Alliance presented for your approval (or not):

An open letter from Dirk

First Things First: Thank You!

Hi everybody, and thank you for being an important part of the journey that Plugin Alliance was fortunate enough to go through in the past few years. It's a cliché phrase, but it's true: we couldn't have done it without you! The last 12 months were the most exciting and successful times we have ever had, and we know from your feedback on social media that you enjoy using more and more of our plugins as they become more affordable these days.

Since the opening of the Plugin Alliance in January 2012 the landscape for developing and marketing professional music software has changed quite a lot. We have seen new brands come and succeed, and we have seen once-established companies disappear. Pricing and marketing of plugins have changed drastically over the last few years. Hobby producers and semi-pros have the chance today to use the same tools that are being used by the Top 10 producers in LA, New York, London and elsewhere. Which is great!

In the past few months we have put a lot of thoughts about the future of Plugin Alliance. How can we keep things exciting for you - and sustainable for everybody involved professionally. What kind of tools, toys and services would you be interested in going forward, and how can we make those new shiny things available to as many fans and friends around the globe. From the FOH console of a MUSE show in a soccer stadium (see my post in our Facebook Plugin Alliance Audiophiles Group from today) straight into your own studio or rehearsal room.

The NEW Plugin Alliance
So what's new then? Well, the most obvious thing you can see at plugin-alliance.com right now is that we have NEW, lower prices for many established plugins. Not as part of a short time promo, but permanently. These new prices combined with our ongoing Dynamic Discounts will enable you to relax a bit and get a lot of the plugins you really want at great pricing anytime, not just during 24H flash sales.

Of course we'll keep on sending loyal customers monthly vouchers, which should further help you to stock up on amazing plugins used in the biggest studios and on the biggest stages.

Then, we have a whole wave of - wait for it - NEW and fantastic releases coming! The first announcements will start in just a few days, please stay tuned. This will be the biggest launch campaign we have ever had, and there will be more than a dozen new plugins from both, our existing partners, and from several NEW Alliance partners in July and August. We're talking about some of the biggest names in pro-audio, including some completely new plugins, and some existing titles that have never before been available for native multi-platform systems...

A hint for our PickPack customers as well: We'll have some really awesome NEWS for you this week. More on that very soon.

Also, we're constantly working on improving our system and adding new services for you, so expect a NEW version of our Installation Manager and other technologies very soon.

Finally, we're working towards a NEW web site right now which will make it easier than ever to use and get a hold of our plugins. Expect the first new features mid July.

Thank you for your attention everybody, and if you have questions you know you can talk directly to me in our Facebook group. Please understand that I am trying my best to answer as many posts and questions as possible, but since at this point it is literally hundreds of thousands of you and just one of me...

Best wishes, happy mixing, and have a great week.
We'll be in touch again shortly!

Dirk & the PA Team

QAPLA!
Old 07-01-2019, 01:38 PM

PA is one of my favorite brands with a great licensing system and multiple activations, and their stuff just sounds good. I'd like to see them release a Bass amp (other than the bass dude) and release the Diezel Herbert amp that Brainworx made. It's only been available for UA since launch

I almost bet that's what he means by "some existing titles that have never before been available for native multi-platform systems"

Brainworx has several plugins that have only been available on the UA platform.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-01-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
PA is one of my favorite brands with a great licensing system and multiple activations, and their stuff just sounds good. I'd like to see them release a Bass amp (other than the bass dude) and release the Diezel Herbert amp that Brainworx made. It's only been available for UA since launch

I almost bet that's what he means by "some existing titles that have never before been available for native multi-platform systems"

Brainworx has several plugins that have only been available on the UA platform.
Talk about amps I'd like to see PA do especially for bass:
Marshall Superbass
Lemmy's Murder One

For guitar:
any Magnatone with the true pitch shift vibrato
a decent Marshall (the ones in Amplitube suck)
Hughes & Kettner Triamp so I can cop Lifeson's sound
a non-B15 Portaflex - they do exist

as for fx:
Roland Space Echo

QAPLA!
Old 07-01-2019, 02:33 PM

I've been following Nembrini Audio and have all 3 amps they've released, that's the guy who made the bx amps
Old 07-01-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I've been following Nembrini Audio and have all 3 amps they've released, that's the guy who made the bx amps
I didn't know that, so I checked my Brainworx amps and you are correct sir!

Nembini Amps brainworx Engl.jpg

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-01-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I didn't know that, so I checked my Brainworx amps and you are correct sir!

Attachment 11882
Same as I did. Would love to see you reviewing them all!
Old 07-03-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Same as I did. Would love to see you reviewing them all!
If he puts them on sale again I'll check them out.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-03-2019, 10:37 AM

Did any of you guys get a voucher code for June? Not the one everyone got, but the usual $25, $50, or $75? I didn't. Haven't received one for July yet either, although there's not much else I want from them since the last sale. Maybe bx_digital V3

Got my fingers crossed the Diezel Herbert will be available soon

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-03-2019, 12:56 PM

No regular voucher. I think Jack or someone read somewhere that there wasn't going to be any.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Did any of you guys get a voucher code for June? Not the one everyone got, but the usual $25, $50, or $75? I didn't. Haven't received one for July yet either, although there's not much else I want from them since the last sale. Maybe bx_digital V3

Got my fingers crossed the Diezel Herbert will be available soon
Quote:
No regular voucher. I think Jack or someone read somewhere that there wasn't going to be any.
There was no regular $25/50/75 voucher for June so nobody missed anything. The only June ones were the pair of $20 vouchers towards the end of the month. PA doesn't do the regular vouchers when they have a big sale deal like happened in June.

There should be one for July - haven't gotten mine either. I have Triad available to me for $49 because I own Byome. Also wondering what the new stuff that's supposedly coming according to the message from Dirk that people got in their emails (if they're on the list - cue Mikado music). I should be still getting a $50 voucher which would make Triad free.

I have just about everything I'd want that's in the current PA inventory. I've demo'd both synths and Thorn didn't last more than a couple of days on my system. Oberhausen took a bit longer but that got assigned to the dustbin of history after the trial period. My main issues was MIDI learn for something as simple as overall volume (cc7) was not permanent and had to be programmed on a patch per patch basis. Every other synth I have has overall volume learned as a root assignment that doesn't change when you change patches. i.e. once you MIDI learn that control it stays learned from patch to patch and even when the synth isn't used in a session. I wrote PA tech support and they were less than helpful and said they would look at it and that's been months now and nary a fix in sight. Their tech support is as useful as mammary glands on a male bovine.

QAPLA!