Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 03-21-2013, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Waves License Centre = Kafkaesque Nightmare = FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak View Post
Josef K time again...

Problem started again yesterday - though the licenses are present and correct according to WLC.

Moved the licenses back to the cloud, rebooted computer, and moved the licenses back from the cloud to the Laptop.

The only way to get Waves licenses to happily pass Pro Tools boot-up plugin scan, is to have the computer permanently connected to the internet.

That aint gonna happen!

Unless I'm forgetting a final step to authorise the licenses, after having associated them with this particular computer on WLC, I can't think what else is causing the problem.

Waves goodbye to Waves...
Whats their tech support say?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-22-2013, 01:57 AM

While I'm not a big fan of this Waves auth system, I have been getting by with it using a cheap thumb drive. Every once in a while I have to re-insert it, but that does it.

As I slowly recover from Waves addiction, I am finding interesting alternatives for most things.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-22-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak View Post
Josef K time again...

The only way to get Waves licenses to happily pass Pro Tools boot-up plugin scan, is to have the computer permanently connected to the internet.
I have the exact opposite situation regarding Waves and ilok.

My Waves license works all the time but I must be connected to the internet for the ilok to work.

This has been the case with ilok since PT9, through a number of different installs and a clean system install.

I suspect it has something to do with the security features of my chipset and CPU combo.

I've also had more than one PT install where I had to go back and reinstall the ilok support drivers.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave911 View Post
I have the exact opposite situation regarding Waves and ilok.

My Waves license works all the time but I must be connected to the internet for the ilok to work.

This has been the case with ilok since PT9, through a number of different installs and a clean system install.

I suspect it has something to do with the security features of my chipset and CPU combo.

I've also had more than one PT install where I had to go back and reinstall the ilok support drivers.
Interesting, I have never had to do that with ilok.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com