Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 03-21-2010, 08:41 PM

Default Cannot link Venue SC48 to laptop with FWx

Anyone experienced this problem?

I am running a Dell Studio 1555 with Windows 7. I installed Pro Tools 8 with the Installer Disc included with the SC48. Downloaded the 8.0.3 update, and the 64 bit audio drivers for Windows 7 from the Digi site. Also downloaded and ran the 8.0.3cs1 update.
The first time I plugged my laptop into the Venue with the Firewire cable a message came up on my laptop screen that new hardware was being installed just as it does if I plug in any new piece of harware (external hard drive, etc.). Opened up Pro Tools with no problems. After about 10 minutes of running Pro Tools my screen went blue and my computer restarted. Upon restart I opened up Pro Tools again and got the blue screen again and the computer restarted again. I did this a couple more times with the same result.
Uninstalled Pro Tools, and reinstalled from disc. Ran updates again. Plugged in Venue and tried to open Pro Tools. This time a prompt comes up to plug in my hardware....so Pro Tools, or my computer, or both are not recognizing that the Venue is connected.
I uninstalled again and tried reinstalling with the Venue connected as is suggested in the Venue manual. Same result.

I really need this to work! Any ideas?
Old 03-21-2010, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Cannot link Venue SC48 to laptop with FWx

Try updating the Pace Interlok drivers. Remember that Windows 7 64 bit is all Beta at this point in time and results are absolutely NOT consistent. If you really want to use this setup, I would replace the laptop system drive and load up XP(or do a dual boot).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 AM

what/where are the pace interlok drivers, and how do i go about updating them?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:52 AM

I don't know how it works in Win7. In XP(with the computer connected to the internet), you go into Control Panel>System>Hardware tab >Device Manager, find the Pace Interlock in the list of devices>right-click on it and choose Update Driver.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-22-2010, 12:45 PM

couldn't find it in the device manager, but i googled pace interlok and went to the manufacturer site. downloaded the driver and installed it which i think uninstalled anything i previously had. this time when i plugged in to the venue i could actually see "digidesign firehose" in my device manager but it had an exclamation point icon on it. i clicked on properties and updated the driver successfully. pro tools opened but only for a second and then it went to blue screen. getting closer though...
Old 03-23-2010, 07:15 AM

i have the same problem with the dell server. its something with windows 7. i havent messed with the interlok files, but have since had to drop down to xp to get it up and running. i spoke with digi about the problem and its something with the sc48 not being ready for 7 yet. i have a mbox mini that i can boot protools 8 with just fine in windows 7. if anyone can find a work around, please let me know!

Venue SC48
Macbook 13"
HP 2525TX Tablet
Motion Tablet LE1600
Mac Mini 2.6 dual core with 1TB 4gig Ram
Old 03-23-2010, 06:42 PM

You could try Windows 7 32-bit first before dropping all the way to XP.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:05 AM

aside from just working better macs have also that big healthy firewire connector instead of that small thing on PC's where cable is going to fall out every other second. if money is short then just get any used intel macbook and you will be just fine.