Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2018, 05:52 AM

Default Edward Virtual Foley by Tovu Sound - Is it worth it?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone used Tovusound's Virtual Foley (Ultimate suite) for proffesional projects and can you tell me about your experiences? Is there any better sampling foley instrument?. I know about Boom library's virtual foley artist but Edward seems to have different walking types from slow - crawl to run and more options in general, and also it claims it was recorded by a hollywood's foley artist and mixer Lara Dale.

Tnx, Martin.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Edward Virtual Foley by Tovu Sound - Is it worth it?

I haven't found a commercial product yet that I like. The footsteps are either too clicky or sound too much like a clock ticking.

Just make your own. It isn't difficult once you understand how Kontakt works. You can either record your own wild footsteps or there are plenty available in different sound libraries. I even have a number that were made from actual production sound footsteps. Yeah they are a bit noisy, but they sound real because they are real. Some are even already edited into individual footsteps so you can turn them into an instrument
Old 02-26-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggegan View Post
I haven't found a commercial product yet that I like. The footsteps are either too clicky or sound too much like a clock ticking.

Just make your own. It isn't difficult once you understand how Kontakt works. You can either record your own wild footsteps or there are plenty available in different sound libraries. I even have a number that were made from actual production sound footsteps. Yeah they are a bit noisy, but they sound real because they are real. Some are even already edited into individual footsteps so you can turn them into an instrument
I love Edward, but always place a Transient designer after it and reduce the attack a bit. When I get the time I may follow your suggestion, Gary, and make my own.

But compared to cutting foley effects manually I find it saves time.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:02 PM

Haven't tried the ones you are mentioning but I have Foley Collection (foleycollection.com) and I find them quite good, plus you can add different moves textures to them which is helpful.

JR
Old 02-28-2018, 10:04 AM

edward is great
Old 02-28-2018, 10:41 AM

I've used it with great success. I think it is worth the price of purchase. Like with any other tool(s), it will work for some things and not others.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:59 PM

What midi keyboard are you guys using for Edward?
I purchased Komplete Kontrol S25 specifically for Edward Ultimate Suite but it doesn't seem to work on my Mac OS 10.10.5 and PT 11.3.2

I've been on the phone with NI for over an hour and they couldn't get it to work, even with an older install of Komplete Kontrol for OS 10.10.5

Has anyone here used NI Komplete Kontrol S25 on a MAc OS 10.10.5 and PT 11.3.2 successfully?

I really like this Keyboard, but on an instrument track Komplete Control does not show up, even thought it's in the plugins folder

What other Midi keyboard are being used?

Thanks!
-HD Omni
-BM Intensity Pro

-Waves Mercury+SSL4000 Collection+Abbey Roads
-iZotope RX10 Advanced
-iZotope Post Production Suite 6
-iZotope Music Production Suite 5
-HALO UP/DOWN MIX
-ANYMIX
-Delonghi Perfecta ESAM 5600.S
Old 05-31-2018, 06:11 PM

Akai mpk225
Old 05-31-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Akai mpk225
What about M-Audio Oxygen 25 IV?
-HD Omni
-BM Intensity Pro

-Waves Mercury+SSL4000 Collection+Abbey Roads
-iZotope RX10 Advanced
-iZotope Post Production Suite 6
-iZotope Music Production Suite 5
-HALO UP/DOWN MIX
-ANYMIX
-Delonghi Perfecta ESAM 5600.S
Old 05-31-2018, 09:59 PM

Hi Martin,

I have used this Virtual Foley suite for a few years and its an amazing tool when used in concert with other methods and tools. The sheer speed at selecting a sound and tweaking it til its close is amazing.

Am in the middle of another feature and the past 3 days have been footsteps. I use the XKeys small keyboard or an ableton push 2 as the input devices. When coupled with an MC Transport with lots of custom EuCon commands mapped out, you can get very precise whilst working quick.

I would love to be able to feed the Edward a collection of custom samples so I could augment the scope of source material - but for its price, its paid for itself many times over.