How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-17-2019, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Mojave ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I actually have one in a bedroom we use as a storage room. Can't be used though as my phone service is digital and the machine requires an analog phone connection. Believe it or not some businesses here in the US still use a FAX machine. A local pizza place has one for taking orders.

Remember “Billboards” pre-internet..... haha I’ll have to google but I’m sure if you have an old dial-up modem.... gee I wonder if they still exist.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 02-17-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Remember “Billboards” pre-internet..... haha I’ll have to google but I’m sure if you have an old dial-up modem.... gee I wonder if they still exist.
Bulletin boards - yeah I remember them. And amongst all the stuff up in that room I have my old 56K dialup modem.

Would you believe there's also a fully functional Commodore 64 setup ready to run? It's like an electronics museum up there.

QAPLA!
Old 02-17-2019, 05:49 AM

Bickering, nonsense, and name calling removed. Back on topic please.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodistraction View Post
Avid made an announcement at NAMM that 2019 will support Mojave, so it's coming soon.
I heard that a Mojave update is coming "this year" and that it "may" help the CPU performance situation. Sadness.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:01 AM

Haven't seen this one. What are you using it on?
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 02-25-2019, 11:37 AM

Isn't AVID (and all large comapnies) supposed to get beta versions of new OS releases before the come out so they can get a jump on getting their products in line? Mojave has been out for 4 months now. I have a new Mac Mini that came with Mojave and I don't want to nuke a factory install to put an older OS on which might itself have hardware conflicts.

Pro Tools does run, but with the exact CPU issues they warn against, but for me it's at all buffer sizes.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbross View Post
Isn't AVID (and all large comapnies) supposed to get beta versions of new OS releases before the come out so they can get a jump on getting their products in line? Mojave has been out for 4 months now. I have a new Mac Mini that came with Mojave and I don't want to nuke a factory install to put an older OS on which might itself have hardware conflicts.

Pro Tools does run, but with the exact CPU issues they warn against, but for me it's at all buffer sizes.
the problem with beta versions are just that they are beta versions.... are you seriously saying a company is/going to/should be forced to spend prolly precious R&D funds on a beta that may or may not change over time? Wow that would be a big call...... here's the road map on what we plan to do but it may change down the road.... pretty good way of raising that annual subscription.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
the problem with beta versions are just that they are beta versions.... are you seriously saying a company is/going to/should be forced to spend prolly precious R&D funds on a beta that may or may not change over time? Wow that would be a big call...... here's the road map on what we plan to do but it may change down the road.... pretty good way of raising that annual subscription.
It is common. AVID obviously isn't going to dive deep into a rabbit hole trusting that the architecture is going to survive until alpha, but there are a billion new things that won't change that can expedited 3rd party development. It's not like there is zero communication.

I would bet $1 that the top engineers at Apple issue a large README.md and probably even have personal communication with Sr. developers at a lot of big companies.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbross View Post
I would bet $1 that the top engineers at Apple issue a large README.md and probably even have personal communication with Sr. developers at a lot of big companies.
Which I bet comes with a rather large fee and the ability to claim your product is MS or Apple certified. betting a $1 doesn't sound for a lot of confidence.... who knows in the end we all could be talking rubbish.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:41 PM

You think they’re going to drop the eleven rack driver for Mojave same day as pro tools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk