Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2009, 04:08 PM

Default Help with an Mbox LE 6.2.3 System that won't read my Glyphs

Greetings... First time poster.

Powerbook 1.25 GHz PowerPc G4 1GB DDR SDRAM
Glyph GT050 250GB Professional external hard drive
LaCie 200GB 7200 speed external drive
Mac OS X ver. 10.3.9
ProTools LE ver 6.2.3 with the original Mbox

After using the LaCie drive for my ProTools files for a couple of years I upgraded to two identical Glyph drives that I keep in separate locations where I bring the Mbox. Until recently they both worked nicely with my older ProTools Mbox system.

Recently went to open a ProTools file on the most frequently used Glyph and got the prompt...

"The original disc allocation for this session cannot be used. One or more drives could not be found or are invalid for this session. As a result disk allocation has been modified. Would you like to verify the new disk allocation?"

ProTools will mount the tracks but the audio windows are empty. The tracks are there with no content in them.

If I click through I get a prompt that says "Glyph 250GB is not an Audio Playback Volume".

I switched back to the LaCie drive and all is normal there and I've continued to use that drive for the past few weeks with no problem. (Haven't had time to troubleshoot this)

When I took my system up to my weekend location and plugged it into the 2nd Glyph for the first time since this problem I immediately got the "Glyph 250GB is not an Audio Playback Volume" prompt. So neither drives are being read properly by ProTools

When this first happened I thought I might have shut down the drive without dismounting it properly but I'm just not sure if that's the case. The drives both mount on my Powerbook and I can play individual wave and MP3 files through my computer but I can't get ProTools to start a new session or read any of the old tracks on either drive.

Would very much appreciate support in working through this problem.

Thanks,
Pat
Old 01-14-2009, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Help with an Mbox LE 6.2.3 System that won't read my Glyphs

There's a whole "stickied" thread on this at the top of the forum called "Session must be on an Audio record volume - Workspace info."

Here's a link for you.

There's another thread up there called "General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools LE on Mac OS X" that is also very helpful. The steps outlined in that thread about deleting Volume and Database files may help you as well. The threads in that sticked, boxed off area at the top of the DUC contain the answers to about 99% of the most common problems, so reading through as many as you can is definitely worth your while if you're new to PT and troubleshooting.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Help with an Mbox LE 6.2.3 System that won't read my Glyphs

Thanks much Slim... will do.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:41 PM

Thumbs up Re: Help with an Mbox LE 6.2.3 System that won't read my Glyphs

Had to change a "T" to an "R" in the Workspace window. That did the trick.

Thanks again for the quick point in the right direction. Much appreciated.

Pat