Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2018, 07:22 AM

Default Pro Tools HD 10 I/O settings

Having a ongoing issue, which was originally thought to be a cabling issue with he NX 3000 series PC unit, so no need for the reverse pin D-Sub cable as I had originally thought or my HD setup using the ADA 8000, 96 & 192 but had them all checked and all work fine, checked the dig link cable (ok) then when I boot-up PT HD TDM mode no audio output, got input no problem, metering working as expected, just no audio output, ran system with built-in line output and get audio output no problem, so my question is is it a I\O issue, also checked both Core & Accel cards and there are (ok), tried different combination of routing via I\O but still nothing using TDM HD to the point my brain was getting fried.

Any way could you lovely people in the avid community shed any light on the subject or PM me any screenshots of you're I\O setting for the PC and any helpful info on how or what is going on so I can get up and running in HD, I also checked all the avid user guides but could not find anything related checked the speaker routing as well and again everything (ok)
Old 12-29-2018, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Protools 10HD I\O settings

Hi,

So are you using the 192 as the main interface and outputs 1/2 as the stereo master out? On the 192 you have meters on the front to show both input and output signal. Are you seeing an output signal on the out meters on the 192?

In the hardware setup are the outputs on the 192 channels 1/2 set to output analogue signal (assume your analogue outputs 1/2 are you master outputs)

And your master channel in the PT mixer is assigned to output analogue 1/2 from the 192 interface.

If signal is showing on the output meters on the 192 then it must be your cabling from the 192 interface

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD 10 I/O settings

Troubleshooting is a skill that eludes many, so I will offer this:
The best way to work thru this(to me) is to simplify as much as possible. To that end, I would disconnect all but a single interface(and that would be the interface that I wish to route the main outputs from). Then, review your IO settings(and note that any paths relating to hardware that is not connected, will show in italics because they are not available). Assuming routing looks correct for the connected interface, test and see if it's working. If it ISN'T, check cables and maybe try another pair of outputs(there's no rule that you must use 1&2 as your main outputs). If it DOES work, shut everything down and connect the second interface and retest(I would check all ins and outs). Once that all works, add the last bits of hardware(the basic idea is to remove as many variables as possible, and then build back up)

Re the 192(and the 96 IO), under the Setup>Hardware menu, there may be settings that need changing and it can be confusing(it was to me). I spent a full afternoon getting the settings correct so that all my digital routing was correct and working. Once I finally go it all set, I save screen captures of each tab for each interface(in my case, I have a pair of HD IO, and a pair of 192 IO, with one of the 192's having an extra analog input card). That's a lot of screen captures, but now I can reset things in a few minutes with no head scratching(if you trash all prefs and database files, those IO settings will usually go back to default settings, which may be all wrong for you)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave