How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 02-17-2016, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 with Mac OS El Capitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMixHD View Post
There's a work-around for that error. Simply drag audio into the window instead of using the import command.

(pretend that I went on a rant of how retarded it is that 11 won't be fixed to work with el cap)
It's not unheard to see old version of a software, no matter which software from which company, not getting updated to the most recent version of an operating system if there's a current version of said software that is actually working with the newest version of the operating system. Nothing new there.

Wave-T.com
Old 03-22-2016, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Importing Audio issues - line 559 error on El Capitan

I'm getting this error when dragging and dropping into Pro Tools. Is there any fix for this?
PT 12.4.0
Old 06-03-2016, 05:31 PM

Default Trying To Import Audio and Getting This Error Message

Hey guys I am running pro tools 11.3.1 on an iMac version 10.11.5

I have imported iTunes songs many times into a pro tools track by going to file...import...auido.

Haven't played around with portools in a while but when I do it now I am receiving this error message.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 06-03-2016 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Merged with existing thread - this is a known limitation/incompatibility.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Can't import audio (Assertion Error Line 559) with Pro Tools 11 on El Capitan

Well, after googling the error code message it, it took me to avids site and i found this...

[IMG][/IMG]

Whats horrible is that i received an email, which i still have from may 2015, for a free upgrade to pro tools 12. Like i said, i have not played around in a while and am just getting back to it now. The free upgrade is no longer in my items not yet downloaded section of avid.

I also missed out the on discounted upgrade pricing email which expired the 31st of May

Am I really out of luck here? Im not sure what other problems I will encounter but I certainly need to be able to import audio into my tracks.

Im wondering if Sweetwater.com which is where i purchased my protools bundle from will help me out with this

and to think that a year ago i had a free upgrade in my avid online account
Old 06-03-2016, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Can't import audio (Assertion Error Line 559) with Pro Tools 11 on El Capitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdude84 View Post
...Whats horrible is that i received an email, which i still have from may 2015, for a free upgrade to pro tools 12. Like i said, i have not played around in a while and am just getting back to it now. The free upgrade is no longer in my items not yet downloaded section of avid.
I also missed out the on discounted upgrade pricing email which expired the 31st of May
Am I really out of luck here? Im not sure what other problems I will encounter but I certainly need to be able to import audio into my tracks.
Im wondering if Sweetwater.com which is where i purchased my protools bundle from will help me out with this
and to think that a year ago i had a free upgrade in my avid online account
If it was in PNYD then it should still be there (unless you downloaded it). Checking your account...

...it looks like you did back in May 2015 as you have v12 in your Avid account ("Crossgrade from PT EX") and the 10/11/12 bundle is in your iLok account waiting to be activated (surrender your 10/11 bundle).

Hope this helps.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
If it was in PNYD then it should still be there (unless you downloaded it). Checking your account...

...it looks like you did back in May 2015 as you have v12 in your Avid account ("Crossgrade from PT EX") and the 10/11/12 bundle is in your iLok account waiting to be activated (surrender your 10/11 bundle).

Hope this helps.
Hey there, thanks for the response. I am not sure what you mean by surrender your 10/11 bundle? And I definitely haven't downloaded pt12 the only thing i downloaded was the original express and then the upgrade to pt 11.

my pnyd page, this is what is in there

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by randomdude84; 06-03-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdude84 View Post
...I am not sure what you mean by surrender your 10/11 bundle?
In iLok License Manager you will see a "Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan" bundle which includes licenses for 10/11/12. When you activate that to your iLok2 you will surrender your older license (which is your Pro Tools 11 Bundle). This will complete your upgrade.
Quote:
And I definitely haven't downloaded pt12 the only thing i downloaded was the original express and then the upgrade to pt 11.
It's not in PNYD because it was downloaded (added to your Products). The v10/11/12 installers are in your Avid account > Products & Subscriptions > Crossgrade from PT EX > Show. Based on the deposit date of your iLok licenses, this was done about a year ago.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:44 PM

ahhhh ok, found it. thanks a lot. I'm gonna download it tomorrow. hopefully everything goes smoothly.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:23 AM

Default PT 11 won't import audio

PT 11 won't import audio from import.

Not sure what's up.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:01 PM

Default PT 11 won't import audio

Trashed prefs ?

And what format is the audio? B/c I've never seen that issue.

Can you go and check the file? Like check the audio through a standalone app, like iTunes or WMP...
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.