Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2003, 08:21 AM

Default BEST customer service award goes to....

Although we are the lifeblood of retailers and manufacturers I'm always amazed at how little customer service we receive. Whether it's waiting on the phone for extended periods of time or awaiting an email reply that never happens (asked Digi a simple question about registration and still haven't gotten a response [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ). I wanted to recognize those companies that go the extra mile and perhaps we as a community can reward them the next time we make a purchase or recomendation. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 08:38 AM

Default Re: BEST customer service award goes to....

Mackie digital support has been nothing short of 110% for us.....they rock.

However I msut agree, it seems customer service is jsut another one of those things our grandparents rmemeber.

Sad, but true...it's a rude world we live in.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:03 AM

Mackie has been great on everything I've ever had issues with. I had an SRM450 PA speaker act up, and had some issues with my SDR24/96.. they were great.

Another company that has been amazing is Mesa Boogie. They really stand behind their gear and it shows.

Both Mackie and Mesa make very good quality stuff in my opinion.

http://www.ephemeralsun.com
Old 06-11-2003, 09:31 AM

I agree that Mackie is an exceptional company. Propellerhead was quick in responding to my technical questions and upgrade info. As for retailers Sweetwater has been great.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:41 AM

What's really sad is that Mackie is very distressed financially, and they may not make it at some point. I hope they do for sure. Wonder if being a good company for clients is incompatible with being financially viable...
3X 500GB 7,200 SATA DRIVES
OSX 10.5.7
PTLE 8.0cs3
Old 06-11-2003, 10:00 AM

I have to say that if there is one thing I like about Digi, it is their customer support. Rarely have I had to wait on the phone long and they have always been very nice and helpful.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:35 AM

I vote for
Best:
1. www.Newegg.com - best and fastest customer support I've ever experienced

2. www.Waves.com - Great support on plugins

3. www.bpmmusic.com - Thanks to Dwight Erickson for giving everyone here the best price on Rode NTK mics.(about $100.00 less than competitors)

4. www.mercenary.com - Big thanks to Fletcher for all the time he has spent on the phone helping me set up my studio and for testing pro equipment out.

Worst:
1.Bank of America - try calling them once. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Allen [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 11:23 AM

I am very pleased with Digi . Had always fast supportive response and two updates for free, while the 001 ( although it was not available under 1250$ over here ) was a really fair deal compared to competitors.

Disapponting to me are companies like Midiman and Aiptek whom I had to come by with mean tricks to receive response at all after months.

What I experienced as most stingy and not feeling responsible for customers after buy are first of all Steinberg , then Luxman and as penny collectors Native Instruments .

Bought their Kontakt when it was released, because they hadn´t made too obvious that it was only implemnted for MACs, had to involve second soundcard and am waiting for so long now to get it finally into PT. And after all what did they tell me days ago?
I will have to pay for the update, because "it was a bunch of work to do."
So WTF?!

Good and senseful thread. Keep it going, I´m sure it will help somewhat to make the careless move and support the decent brands like Mackie. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Lalaman
Old 06-11-2003, 11:51 AM

I had some great support from Waves, after problems with their plugs and not able to solve it thru emails they called me (usa-holland) and I spend at least an hour on the phone with them untill everything was working.

That they took the initiative to phone me was just great.

Pieter
Old 06-11-2003, 01:47 PM

Well so far…

1) Mackie seems to be the big winner. I too have heard they’re having a difficult time financial. Let’s hope that they’ll get through this difficult period because their products are awesome. I myself own a Mackie 8 Bus and LM3204. I've never needed to call Cust. Srvc. because they've been flawless.

2) For Digi 001&002 users Waves seems to have great tech support. And despite my negative experience, Digi actually seems to be getting good reviews.

8mm, thanks for your input on Horizon. Next time I buy cables I’ll be sure to seek them out.

Thanks also for the negative reviews. It’s also good to know whom to steer clear of.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]