Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 03-26-2023, 07:00 AM

Default 2023.3 - BAD TRACK eats CPU

Hi all !
Stumbled on something strange here.

Preamble
Upgrading to 2023.3, I took on to go through optimizations again. Did so, and also, moved out and in again between used- and un-uised folders. Arturia is now in the un-used folder. Then I started chasing bad plugs in some older sessions by inactivating/bypassing . After chasing some down, I could run those sessions in buffer size 64, while previously barely doable in size 1024. But it was a little as chasing a gost, because a previously bad plug, could end up good, and vice versa. So then I discovered that the bad behaviour followed Pro Tools tracks rather than plugins.

TESTS
For non-playing Instrument Tracks with Instrument Plugin instanciated on it:
Bad = PT system usage window shows an all-core CPU usage @ 64 buff
Good = PT ssystem usage window shows no or near zero CPU usage @64

Created three similar simple sessions.
7 Instrument tracks with the same instrument plugs instanciated on them
1 AUX track to where all instruments are bussed. AUX out to main out.

Instrument plugins used for the three test sessions were the Mini Grand, XPAND 2 and Falcon 2.8

FINDINGS
The first created track, upper most in the edit window, is where the instrument plugin yields the bad behaviour. All other 6 instrument track plugins was all good behaving.

Moving the first track to another position among the tracks, the bad behaviour follows the track. The now new uppermost track is all good behaving. So I label it a BAD TRACK.

Deliting the bad track makes the now uppermost track now to becom a BAD TRACK.

Workaround I found was to let the BAD TRACK remain, but inactivate it. With that the performance seem to take a serious jump !!

YOU TOO OR IS IT JUST ME?
Anyone have any idea what is happening here, can you reproduce it. Known issue, Bug.

SYSTEM
PC, W11, PT 2022.3
SSD C: 512 GB
HDD D: 1000 GB
DDR4 : 32 GB
Should I provide a Sandra Report?

/T