Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2010, 01:46 PM

Default memory locations - track show/hide weirdness

My memory locations using track show/hide have all shifted to different tracks. It is weird since they are all off by 2 tracks. So in my track list, I might have track1, track2 track3, track4 etc. The memory location that originally showed track1 now shows track 3, and track2 shows track4 etc. all the way down the line for my over one hundred memory locations of this type. I have not renamed the tracks, so I know that is not the problem. I've been using these memory locations for the last couple of years. If this is user error, what did I do to cause this?

M-powered 8.0.3, OSX 10.5.8, MacPro, MAudio 1814
Old 01-02-2010, 01:58 PM

Default Re: memory locations - track show/hide weirdness

I fixed a couple of tracks manually - I'll call them track 1 and track 2 - so the show hide is correct. I then decided to delete all of the ML (memory locations) in this file and reimport them from an older file whose ML are working correctly. After the import all the ML are still off except for the ML of track 1 and track 2!

So even though I erased ALL of the ML from the problem file, including track 1 and track 2 ML, after reimporting from a different file, only track1 and 2 ML are working. So this is sounding like an application bug or some sort of bizarre corruption in this specific file.

Also, I'm noticing that sometimes the graphic display doesn't update correctly on the ML window. There will be more than one ML selected.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:32 PM

Default Re: memory locations - track show/hide weirdness

Found this while trying to solve my own similar memory location issue. Seems like this is exactly what I've run into a year after your thread and you had PT8x -- I'm on 9.0.5 and Lion 10.7 so it could just be a coincidence.
I started a new thread at the link below, detailing the issue, to give folks a place to discuss...maybe it will be fixed by 9.0.6 or something. Your thread seems to indicate my issue may be some kind of "if you do X you'll get this issue" bug that lives on from PT8-to-PT9 though...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=306595

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."