Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 11:28 AM

Default MassivePack 4 for registered Accel users only?

Digi, I asked this within a post under another heading, but wanted to post this question directly for everybody to see and/or clarify.

I'm getting different answers from different sources on the question of whether MassivePack 4 (software-only offering) is for registered Accel owners only. Your pre-sales folks told me this yesterday, even though they seemed a little uncertain and couldn't find this restriction stated on your website. But I'm getting answers from your dealers and other users that it doesn't really matter -- anybody can get it.

So the questions I still need clarity on are: Can I buy/license MassivePack 4 for my HD system even though I'm not running Accel yet, and obviously not a registered Accel owner? I realize I would not be able to run Revibe on MY system right now. But shouldn't I be able to use these MP4 licenses on my iLok at other rooms that DO have Accel-based systems?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: MassivePack 4 for registered Accel users only?

Quote:
Can I buy/license MassivePack 4 for my HD system even though I'm not running Accel yet, and obviously not a registered Accel owner? I realize I would not be able to run Revibe on MY system right now. But shouldn't I be able to use these MP4 licenses on my iLok at other rooms that DO have Accel-based systems?
No you can not, it states it clearly on the postcard that was mailed out, there is a Massive Pack Pro 4 that includes an Accel card for that reason. If a dealer is selling it to you without being registered for an Accel system I am not sure how they do that but it's not supposed to happen. Each Massive Pack gets ordered by the dealer direct from Digidesign for a specific registered owner, dealers do not stock this item.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:14 PM

Last year when I bought my MP3 there was a question about the registration of my Accel system and they were holding shipment until it was cleard up. So I believe you need to be registered Accel owner. Unless you get the Accel card w/MP.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Digi, I asked this within a post under another heading, but wanted to post this question directly for everybody to see and/or clarify.

I'm getting different answers from different sources on the question of whether MassivePack 4 (software-only offering) is for registered Accel owners only. Your pre-sales folks told me this yesterday, even though they seemed a little uncertain and couldn't find this restriction stated on your website. But I'm getting answers from your dealers and other users that it doesn't really matter -- anybody can get it.

So the questions I still need clarity on are: Can I buy/license MassivePack 4 for my HD system even though I'm not running Accel yet, and obviously not a registered Accel owner? I realize I would not be able to run Revibe on MY system right now. But shouldn't I be able to use these MP4 licenses on my iLok at other rooms that DO have Accel-based systems?
If you go into the news section and READ all the information it clearly states you need to be a registered Accel owner to get the software bundle. READ!!!!! Do a Google search it's far easier than asking.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Administrator

In defense of the original poster, the information regarding Accel registration required for the MassivePack 4 offer was in the mailing to HD owners and the press release in the News section:
http://www.digidesign.com/news/detai...?story_id=3326

But it was not mentioned on the Hot News announcement when he first asked. That page has now been updated, with that information added to the bottom of the page today:
http://www.digidesign.com/news/detai...?story_id=3264

So Chuck, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:17 PM

Lesson of the day:

1. Print advertisement.
2. Buy.
3. Ask questions later.

Old 08-29-2005, 09:26 AM

damn!

well digi just lost one more customer. i was all set to purchase this today but now as a lowly hd NON-ACCEL owner i shall have to look elsewhere.

i mean, what the hell? why not let regular hd owners participate......i was planning on getting this and then getting an accel card sometime after aes.

soundtoys bundle here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!