Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2015, 06:12 AM

Default INQUIRY: an "I lost my iLok, what can I do?" question with a twist

Hello Pro Toolers,

My problem started when i took a flight and misplaced my iLok (among other small objects) to never be found again, I have searched everywhere for a solution to this (yes i checked the 'Lost Stolen or Broken iLok Policy' but it seems i need an Avid Support Code which i had when i bought my PT but it seems it has expired now) and now I'm at a complete loss.

P.S. I think it is important to note that i bought an Education Version of PT because i'm an audio engineering student and i used it in my studies.

now my question is, after filing a Lost iLok RMA and getting a web case number is there a way to get to Avid without an Avid Support Code? if not and I will have to buy a new ASC, which one do i choose? I can see two types of ASCs (here) and i do not own an HD (or an LTE) version of pro tools, so i'm not sure which one is right for me (since this is a requirement in order to get a replacement license)?!

on the other hand, and now that PT12 is announced, does the education version of PT11 (bought on 22/July/2014) come with an upgrade plan for that? if so, will it require me to have my old iLok or i can register the new license to a new iLok without the need to retrieve my old license?

I'm really sorry if my question is too long or has already been answered but i searched everywhere i could with no use.

this is a life and death matter because i have a ton of projects i need to finish or else i will fail...save me!