Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2015, 06:50 PM

Default Re: No Audio Output from Pro Tools 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowimonmyway View Post
Hello i have mac 10.6.8 ive installed pro tools 10.3.9 , it loads everything looks good but no sound, u can see the meters moving as the song plays but no audio comes out, please help anyone?
Is you audio interface turned on, the volume turned up and speakers or headphones plugged into it? Have you checked your routing in PT? Other than saying you're on a Mac running OSX 10.6.8 you've given no details on your system.

QAPLA!
Old 05-20-2016, 04:11 AM

Hey I have pro tools 10 on my widows 7 computer , however I do not have a interface but I do have a condeser mic which plugs into the computer with no problem , but when I open a new session , the sound doesn't work like it picks up the waves and the sound volumes but no sound is being played
Old 05-22-2016, 02:34 PM

We have that problem also. Meters on the Omni show output, but no audio coming out. Solution for us is to quit protools, turn Omni off, turn on again, and restart protools.

cheers,
john.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero9am View Post
Hey I have pro tools 10 on my widows 7 computer , however I do not have a interface but I do have a condeser mic which plugs into the computer with no problem , but when I open a new session , the sound doesn't work like it picks up the waves and the sound volumes but no sound is being played
Did you set PT to use your internal soundcard?

If you don't have an external audio interface a condenser mic won't work even though you may be able to connect the mic to the computer. Condenser mics require phantom power unless they have an internal battery (there's only one I know of - the AKG C1000). Besides that there's nowheres near enough gain on a mic input on an internal soundcard to get a recordable sound. That being said if your mic is a USB mic things are different and you need to follow the instructions that came with the mic.

QAPLA!
Old 05-23-2016, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We have that problem also. Meters on the Omni show output, but no audio coming out. Solution for us is to quit protools, turn Omni off, turn on again, and restart protools.

cheers,
john.
Being you give zero system info it's hard to say but somehow the computer and your Omni are losing communication with each other. Maybe the cable from your HD/HDX card is going bad?

QAPLA!
Old 12-12-2016, 07:29 AM

I have a similar problem. I'm using Mac OS X Mavericks ,ProTools HD 10.9, with M Audio Fastrack Pro and when I try to select Fastrack as my playback engine, I get two options. One shows an error of 44.1khz not being active while the other shows 48khz not active. While in 44.1khz mode only the inputs are active and for 48khz only outputs are active.. Can someone help me out?
Old 12-13-2016, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee93 View Post
I have a similar problem. I'm using Mac OS X Mavericks ,ProTools HD 10.9, with M Audio Fastrack Pro and when I try to select Fastrack as my playback engine, I get two options. One shows an error of 44.1khz not being active while the other shows 48khz not active. While in 44.1khz mode only the inputs are active and for 48khz only outputs are active.. Can someone help me out?
There is no PTHD 10.9; do you mean PTHD 10.3.9 instead?
Is the interface plugged into the computer and turned on when starting PT?
Is any other program using the interface when you try using PT?
Maybe try a different USB cable.
What exact Mac do you have?

QAPLA!