Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2009, 03:25 PM

Default Cant hear input in play mode

Trying to record a bass track. I can hear the bass input with the track enabled. when I hit play so does the bass input.

I know about input only monitoring and I switched it back and forth to auto input monitoring. No change, no bass input in play mode. Im using low latency monitoring option. I tried pre fader monitoring and post fader monitoring.

Also: someone gave me a trick here somewhere but I cant find it. record enableing a track then muting it so I dont hear the latency. does anyone know the answer to these related dillemma's?

Vista home premium PT 8. Mbox 2 pro. Im going into input 2 on the box in the front. I can see the VU going up in the track when playing. Soon as I hit play,
No bass input.

Why please.

Greg
Old 08-13-2009, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Cant hear input in play mode

Greg again. Sorry about that first line in my post. Dont know how I did that but what I wanted to say is that there is no sound from the bass input when PT is in play mode.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:33 PM

Greg,,,, Is this a recorded bass track that you can't hear, or you just can't hear playing your bass while in play back mode?? If playing along with PT's,,, you still need the track record enabled,,,, and sent to the correct outputs ect....(whoops etc....)
Sorry if too simple an answer,, looks like you've been using PT's a while,, so maybe a little more info would help!!???? In PT 8, I've found it helpfull to run a track through an Aux track,,, seem to be able to hear the track all the time this way???

Let us know where you're at ,,,,,,,Mike
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz | Asus Z97-Pro LGA 1150 Intel 6Gb | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2400 | Asus GT640 Silent 2 GB GDDR3 | Samsung 850 Pro SSD's, WD Caviar Black HDD's | PSU Corsair 750W ATX12V | Windows 10 | Presonus Studio One | 003R PT's 12.8 | Waves Platinum | Ivory/Piano | Berlin Woodwinds, Nocturne Solo Violin | SPITFIRE Solo Strings | EastWest Hollywood Strings, Brass, Pro Drummer, and Stormdrum 2 | VSL | Vienna Ensemble Pro | M-Audio Code 61, FaderPort 8 |
Old 08-14-2009, 01:25 AM

Is this just an input monitor issue? If so hit alt+K to toggle.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 08-14-2009, 01:31 AM

You need to uncheck Low Latency Monitering

PC: Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.33Ghz- 12GB Ram
Mac: Intel 8 core Mac Pro- 20GB Ram
Pro Tools Interfaces: PT HD3, 003R+, 003, Mbox Pro, Mbox Micro.
3 C-24's
Icon-D
PT 8
Certified Digidesign Engineer and Instructor
Old 08-15-2009, 04:15 AM

I've had that issue every so often and what I need to do is go under hardware/ click on clock source and switch internal to SPIDIF. It should tell you there is no input (unless you have one by chance)/ then switch it back to internal. This will reset something in protolls that might unlock the playback.

I know it sounds crazy, but I have to do it at least once a month.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Is this just an input monitor issue? If so hit alt+K to toggle.
Don't kno where the OP has gone but I think TOM nailed it...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 08-16-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Don't kno where the OP has gone but I think TOM nailed it...
Well if you actually read the whole post by the OP you would see he said he already switched between both the 2 options. You will also read that he has Low Latency monitering checked, which will be why he is not hearing his bass while playing back.

PC: Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.33Ghz- 12GB Ram
Mac: Intel 8 core Mac Pro- 20GB Ram
Pro Tools Interfaces: PT HD3, 003R+, 003, Mbox Pro, Mbox Micro.
3 C-24's
Icon-D
PT 8
Certified Digidesign Engineer and Instructor
Old 08-16-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG41 View Post
Well if you actually read the whole post by the OP you would see he said he already switched between both the 2 options. You will also read that he has Low Latency monitering checked, which will be why he is not hearing his bass while playing back.
ur rite but only halfway... Low latency will have nothing to do with playback of the actual audio...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 08-16-2009, 07:30 PM

BG41 thanks for sticking up for me. This thing did not happen when I did the guitar track, just the bass one. And what I was doing is trying to record a bass guitar track. the track was record enabled. I hear the bass, when I hit record the tracks play back but no sound from the bass. My buddy at guitar center showed me the thing about using an aux send also. thanks to all for all the good info.

Greg