Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-08-2003, 05:40 AM

Default Crossfades and illegal boundaries....

This may appear to be a really stupid question to some of you but I can't seem to acheive the cross fades I want between two sections of adjacent audio, so I'm wondering how I can do this without encountering dialogue telling me that there is not enough audio data to facilitate creating a legal fade? As you can imagine I then encounter another dialogue box giving me the choice of skipping the fade or adjusting the boundaries of the fade which without fail results in the fade being placed in just one of the two audio sections.
To help clarify I'll tell you my motives for attempmting to do this in the first place. I'll have a section of vocal at the end of a phrase which I want to treat with distortion- except I want it to morph gradually between the clean signal to the treated section (which I've already spliced and effected with distortion).
Obviously a way round this would be to assign the treated audio to a duplicate track and apply a fade-in proportional to the fade-out of the original above it over the same length of time, and then bounce these two tracks using the send to a new track- but rather like this posting it's a bit long winded!

Any hints? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2003, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Crossfades and illegal boundaries....

It looks like you palce the very beginning of an audio file (distorted) after the end of the other one (clean). When you select an area for crossfade you need to have enough audio data (in both files) to let PT calculate the fade: within your selection PT need to read audio both from first and second file.

Just a suggestion, but I think in this case you would have more control simply using automation on a plug-in (using auxs) or automation on aux's send.

Hope it helps