Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2010, 11:59 AM

Default Pro-Tools Essentials?

I've never actually used ProTools (please don't throw things:)). I've been recording for lots of years using cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition and Reaper. But there is a voice in my head telling me I really should at least get familiar with PT. I recently bought an M-Audio FastTrack that came with ProTools Essential. Will that give me a decent introduction to PT?

Thanks.

Jake
Old 07-25-2010, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Pro-Tools Essentials?

yes, it will

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-25-2010, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Pro-Tools Essentials?

Essentials is basically a "lite" version of protools. It's more limited on how many tracks you can use (I think 16 tracks max), limited to 2 simultaneous input and output, and you can't use any 3rd party plugins, even ones made by Digi that are sold separately.

Other than that it's pretty much exactly like the other Protools versions, and even includes the same effects plugins and virtual instruments.