Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 03-06-2001, 01:10 PM

Default Samplecell Users Front End?

Any help is much appreciated... I would've posted in the SampleCell section, but it's essentially dead.

Hi... I've just added a samplecell II card to complement my others (mainly drum triggering purposes).

My question to you power users... Which program should I use as a "front end" to get all my AUDIO sample CD's into the right format. I'm undergoing a large transformation of all my drum libraries (unfortunately all on audio only CD's) into the right format for Samplecell.

Do I use something like Toast Audio Extractor to convert all into SDII files, or PEAK? I'll be xfering 1000's of hits, so I need something fairly intuitive but deep enough for serious cataloging.

Also, I'm a little confused as to whether I should be converting everything to Stereo SDII files (for other future uses too) or to split SDII files?

Thanks in advance for any insights...
Old 03-06-2001, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Samplecell Users Front End?

Gallery Samplesearch. Long in the tooth (like Samplecell!), but unique and powerful!

Old 03-06-2001, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan:
Gallery Samplesearch. Long in the tooth (like Samplecell!), but unique and powerful!

Thanks Bryan. I checked out there web site and the software looks pretty powerful.

One follow up if I may... Should I be converting individual hits/pads to SDII STEREO files or SPLIT stereo files?

Old 03-07-2001, 02:09 PM

Make stereo files.
They're easier to handle and edit. Also there's less chance that the channels get out of phase during playback.

The last time I transferred samples from an audioCD to a HDD library i simply recorded the whole CD to two tracks in PT. Then it was easy to create and name a region for each sample (bd01.L, bd01.R etc). When that's done I just selected all and exported the regions as 16 bit stereo files.

[email protected]
Old 03-07-2001, 02:34 PM

The last time I transferred samples from an audioCD to a HDD library i simply recorded the whole CD to two tracks in PT. Then it was easy to create and name a region for each sample (bd01.L, bd01.R etc). When that's done I just selected all and exported the regions as 16 bit stereo files.

[email protected][/B][/QUOTE]

Nice tip.... Thanks.... any others out there?