Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-04-2007, 01:56 AM

Default quick question about instruments tracks after reinstall

Hi there,

I just reinstalled my PC because it was having issues. But now on every protools project I open, the instrument tracks get disabled (greyed out). Ofcourse the plugins are reinstalled. When I try to make a new instrument track in that same project, it also gets greyed out. When I create a new project, the instrument tracks work fine.

So... help!

What is going on here? The tracks aren't deactivated (no italic trackname). Making inactive and active again isn't working either. Removing the instrument from the track and replacing it: nada. As I stated above, making a new instrument track also won't work...

WinXP SP2, Protools LE 7.3.1cs4, trying to use RealGuitar2, Trilogy and Addictive Drums. Realguitar2 is via FXpansion's wrapper. The projects were saved in cs3 btw, but that shouldn't matter?
Old 09-04-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: quick question about instruments tracks after reinstall

well, let's provide a quick answer myself:
I reinstalled Protools, and everything worked fine. Before, I had started Protools once without the plugins installed. Seems Protools needs to have everything installed before you load a project with those plugins? Ofcourse, when you don't, protools automatically disables the tracks without the installed plugins. But after quitting protools, installing the plugins, reloading the project, it should work, shouldn't it?

Maybe someone still knows a way how I could have got the tracks active in the situation described in my first post?

Thanks!